Extra=Special Canine

tworotts

I have been a Rottweiler devotee for 30 years but due to arthritis I am looking for a dog easier to walk etc. I will explain a little of why I am putting this notice on here. I am a member of a Theraputic Dog Service. We visit the usual nursing homes, dementia wards etc. BUT more than that our service has a special interest in people with mental illness. So we visit units including locked wards, veterans with PTSD and people held in a forensic psychiatric facility. The dogs need to be calm, open, kind and friendly but not pushy.

I am hoping someone can eventually help me find a medium-sized dog or bitch, ex-show or show prospect that didn't make the ring. A stud dog or brood bitch who has done her duty to continue on a line and is looking for a new type of job to bring "life" to people burdened by mental illness.

I am not looking for a "give-away" and although I am in SA will travel to find the right dog.

As an ex-breeder I know that the dog I would like does exist out there and this is one way I have thought I could reach a wide circle of doggie people.

My dogs have always gone everywhere with me even to Church !!! They were rarely left at home for any length of time and of course lived inside. Dog owners on this Forum give their dogs the best love and care possible but I can say absolutely that no-one could give a dog a better home and quality of life than I can.