In What Ways Are You Like Your Dog?

Little Gifts

I know we shouldn't anthropomorphise our dogs but last night, first time in ages my sister and I went out together for a couple of hours and my SBT heart girl Stussy decided to get the upchucks and runs in the short time we were gone. Instead of being upset I realised that she is prone to an upset tummy just like her mum. As we lay in bed together I rubbed her favourite spot to soothe her I started thinking about the ways we are similar.

I am not black and white and my hair is wavier and longer but I do have short little legs! I think that is where the physical similarities end! But behaviour wise I can see a lot of similarities! She is very social, a little bit naughty, inquisitive and likes a lot of close body contact. Does silly stuff just to amuse herself but also likes to hold centre stage every now and then. She'll take a sleep in and a late brunch over an early morning start any day. If she is not well she prefers to take to bed and be comforted, not fussed over, but just someone there to watch over her. She gets anxious if she thinks people important to her are upset with her. For no reason her tummy can get out of sorts (probably to do with being anxious). She can sleep on anything. Loves going out in the car for random drives. Has her favourite spots in and out of the house (but will share if she has to). Happy to share her toys, leashes and clothes as long as you look after them. Not into sharing her favourite food (will eat quicker if you try) and bites her nails. Can get obsessed about small and slightly meaningless stuff (like the mouse she can't catch because she follows it in the wrong direction). This is all me to a tee.

So go on, have some fun and tell me how is your dog like you, physically or behaviourally?

She is either adventuring, playing or sleeping soundly. She loves to explore her surrounding and is very adaptable and comfortable everywhere either being centre of attention at a party or chilling at a café or camping trip. She loves to learn and can be naughty and impatient too. Very happy go lucky pup, has random burst of energy but otherwise quite laid back. Loves to splash in the water but doesn’t actually like swimming.

I think we are the perfect match

Differences: She is blonde and I’m brunette. I like food more and am probably clingier than her too…

And I shed more than her!

My legs are long like my Dally's :laugh: We both like our quiet down time.

I wish I had the energy of my Springers and could put away food like them but we are all pretty soft and sensitive. Given the opportunity we all enjoy a sleep in :)

Stop bragging TSD!!! rofl1.gif

My legs are long like my Dally's :laugh: We both like our quiet down time.

I wish I had the energy of my Springers and could put away food like them but we are all pretty soft and sensitive. Given the opportunity we all enjoy a sleep in :)

Stop bragging TSD!!! rofl1.gif

:laugh: It's the first thing people comment on when I run him in agility!

Our immense love of food and rolling around on the bed. :laugh:

On a more serious note, we are both quite shy, we both dislike sudden loud noises, and we both have confidence and abandonment issues. :o But despite our fears I think we both always tries our hardest for each other. I like to think so. I feel like I can read and understand her very well, and vice versa.

Where we differ the most is her love for rolling in poo. I can't say I like to roll in poo in any way, not even in the slightest. :laugh:

Our immense love of food and rolling around on the bed. :laugh:

On a more serious note, we are both quite shy, we both dislike sudden loud noises, and we both have confidence and abandonment issues. :o But despite our fears I think we both always tries our hardest for each other. I like to think so. I feel like I can read and understand her very well, and vice versa.

Where we differ the most is her love for rolling in poo. I can't say I like to roll in poo in any way, not even in the slightest. :laugh:

...But have you even tried??? rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

I'll pick my bitch because she's secretly my favourite embarrass.gif

We're both uncertain around new people but around familiar people we are pretty crazy (everybody who meets her says how shy she is but she's really a total ratbag).

*ahem* Very good doers/easy keepers/economical icon_smile_mad.gif

We like to stay at home. Or in familiar places.

A little bit territorial (I like my things just so, she doesn't like other dogs touching her bones).

We love chooks smile.gif (she's my chook guarder - has no interest in chasing them and is good for keeping the foxes away!)

Probably the most common thing we all share is our love of food and tendency to put on weight if we don't exercise.

I hope no one thinks I look like Crumpet but we're both stubborn and don't give in easily, a little grouchy if we don't get enough sleep and we both don't see the need for running flat out unless we're chasing something. We don't like pushy or in your face kinds of people or dogs and tend to have a bit of a short temper if someone is annoying us.

Shabby loves to talk just like me and we both love the beach and being outdoors, a little wary of strangers until we know them (unless they have food), and we both love walking even though we're getting older and slower.

Two things I don't share in common with them - I don't eat poo (Crumpet ) and I don't hump strangers ( Shabby ).