Bowls For Dogs With Long Ears

Tint

Hi Everyone, my puppy has long ears and I really need some water and food bowls that will keep her ears dry. Can anyone recommend some please, and where I may buy them? Thank you so much xx

I use a Road Refresher (non spill) bowl for water - even a spaniel can't get it's ears wet when drinking. Qualify that to add that I did have one baby who loved to jump in it and give himself a shower!

Got it off the net, but some pet shops have them.

You could also try feeding out of kongs or treat (food) dispensing toys. Has a secondary benefit of providing some mental exercise. :)

I'm all for Kongs, bones and food dispensing toys, but as a spaniel person, I can confirm their ears will definitely get very messy in the process!

I second Gretel's recommendation of getting snoods for eating. Road refreshers and spaniel bowls are great for water; just need to get the size appropriate to your dog.

I have coated long eared dogs and have tried most bowls BUT the ones that do work hold not a lot of water so I wouldn't rely on it for hot day all day ,I have no drama with ears ,feed time there snoozed .

For water just look for something more jug like

Thank you all, she is a field spaniel :)

I do have a snood but I've realised it's not a very good one, is there a brand that people favour? I did put it on when I gave her a chicken neck this morning but she got it off with ease lol

I might try the Road Refresher as she does like to kick her water bowl around the deck. I agree the volume isn't great, but I'm not out for long periods so can top up regularly.

Thank you all so much xxx

Thank you all, she is a field spaniel :)

I do have a snood but I've realised it's not a very good one, is there a brand that people favour? I did put it on when I gave her a chicken neck this morning but she got it off with ease lol

I might try the Road Refresher as she does like to kick her water bowl around the deck. I agree the volume isn't great, but I'm not out for long periods so can top up regularly.

Thank you all so much xxx

I make my own snoods. They are quite easy. Mine all know no snood, no food lol

Snoods it comes down to the elastic and comfort and fabric ,some hate them but they learn no snood no food .

I would still look for a bowl solution better to have water than a little bit,try raising a bucket up so she can't play with it

Hi Everyone, my puppy has long ears and I really need some water and food bowls that will keep her ears dry. Can anyone recommend some please, and where I may buy them? Thank you so much xx

I have two almost new Spaniel water bowls. I'm in Mount Waverley Vic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry Tint, I haven't been back to DOL until now. If you're interested in these two bowls you can have them for $15 all up. I gather you'll collect them from me to save on postage costs. The $$ will be donated to the Lort Smith Animal Hospital. If you pm me I'll receive email notification of your message.