Meals For Mutts

Didn't see a thread for this one?

Getting to the end of our Black Hawk and Stay Loyal bags, figure it's time to branch into another kibble. (I like variety in a pet's diet when possible)

I'd heard of MfM but I thought it was American, so had paid it no attention. But the store people mentioned offhand it was Australian! And I was looking for a "fishy" kibble this time around.

I've also ordered the kangaroo one and the turkey one in so I can rotate.

The kibble size is much smaller than black hawk's kibble, which is good. it will fit in the manners minder better.

Protein is a bit lower than I'd like, but will just compensate with our evening wet food mixes.

I'm intrigued by their treat bags too, because tripe and roo disks! not sure where to get those though, our place doesn't have them.

My dogs love the tripe treats, but they are very expensive. I feed the mfn fish based kibble a bit. It is very palatable to my fussy crew and they look good on it. They didn't like the turkey.

Edited by Diva

I have been feeding the Salmon and Sardine (grain free)to my greyhound and whippet, their coats are looking great, and my fussy grey eats it, I did try them on the large kibble Salmon and Sardine, but my grey just spits it out, she prefers the smaller kibble. I have been very happy with it, and love that it is Australian.

We use the fish gluten free one for Dozer and have just passed a zip lock baggie on to the in-laws fussy little scruffer who liked it yesterday but time will tell if she continues eating it.

Dozer loves the stuff and his coat always looks great on it!

We've started ordering MfM through House.com.au they have the treats as well and free shipping for over $100 and regularly have sales. I also love that I can use afterpay for the orders through them as well, but that's a whole other topic ;)

I feed the duck one to max (he was on the black hawk lamb) and it hasn't flared up his skin issues and it is that time of year.

He didn't like the roo one (only seems to like roo tendons and not much other roo) and gestational liked the grain free salmon and sardine but he's a schnauzer and I couldn't hack the fishy smell on his beard!

Kibble is often more like flakes rather than anything they have to crunch. They have a Hugh energy one for working type dogs that might be worth checking for protein levels?

I get it and the green tripe (more like flakes as well) from an independent pet supply store in Chelsea

I've just swapped Koda from Black Hawk to Meals for Mutts Salmon and Sardine. Very happy with it so far. I mainly swapped because I wasn't happy with his coat condition on BH... Have definitely noticed a difference in his coat since swapping, it's less oily and feeling softer :)

It makes Malcolm so windy. OMG. The kibble shape also seems to be an issue, it's like he can't get a good purchase on it and it falls out of his mouth. I have some samples if you'd like them, including two different salmon and sardine ones from memory.

Oh yes please! I hadn't realised they had more flavours than the 1 i bought and the 2 I am ordering via the warehouse, they seemed to think there weren't any other flavours/types.

We use the fish gluten free one for Dozer and have just passed a zip lock baggie on to the in-laws fussy little scruffer who liked it yesterday but time will tell if she continues eating it.

We've started ordering MfM through House.com.au they have the treats as well and free shipping for over $100 and regularly have sales. I also love that I can use afterpay for the orders through them as well, but that's a whole other topic ;)

Oh that's good to hear on the free shipping and afterpay! And the coats of everyone's dog. I had noticed her skins been a bit flaky lately, but I don't know if it's from the stay loyal/black hawk combo or something else. Maybe the MfM will shake that up and make her just a little bit softer!

I feed the duck one to max (he was on the black hawk lamb) and it hasn't flared up his skin issues and it is that time of year.

He didn't like the roo one (only seems to like roo tendons and not much other roo) and gestational liked the grain free salmon and sardine but he's a schnauzer and I couldn't hack the fishy smell on his beard!

Kibble is often more like flakes rather than anything they have to crunch. They have a Hugh energy one for working type dogs that might be worth checking for protein levels?

I get it and the green tripe (more like flakes as well) from an independent pet supply store in Chelsea

Yeah she burns a lot of energy so I usually go for high protein to help keep her muscles and weight up, she's very prone to dropping weight then losing muscle :( i'll call the store up, maybe we can change my order to the high protein one instead of turkey.

I see what you mean over flakes, yeah there will be very little crunching and a lot of inhaling whole. I don't mind, all her kibble is dispensed through interactive toys and remote minders.

I've just swapped Koda from Black Hawk to Meals for Mutts Salmon and Sardine. Very happy with it so far. I mainly swapped because I wasn't happy with his coat condition on BH... Have definitely noticed a difference in his coat since swapping, it's less oily and feeling softer :)

OOOOH he has a lot of coat to get soft. It must be working fast!

Oh that's good to hear on the free shipping and afterpay! And the coats of everyone's dog. I had noticed her skins been a bit flaky lately, but I don't know if it's from the stay loyal/black hawk combo or something else. Maybe the MfM will shake that up and make her just a little bit softer!

House.com.au's distribution centre is in Melbourne as well, it took about a week for the order to get to me, which isn't terrible when it had to go through Sunshine West distribution centre.

House.com.au's distribution centre is in Melbourne as well, it took about a week for the order to get to me, which isn't terrible when it had to go through Sunshine West distribution centre.

How handy! I will probably stick with local warehouse and ordering in though, as house.com.au is $121.99 for 20kg while my warehouse is $104...I'll just need to enlighten them that there's more than 3 flavours and there are tripe treat options!

Hey, just had a look and the working dog one is made of turkey:

http://www.mealsformutts.com.au/new_dog_hp_high_performance_grain_free.html

But there is another with turkey in it, the duck and turkey I feed :

http://www.mealsformutts.com.au/dog_duck_turkey_grain_free.html

Put the links in so you can have a look and be specific when changing your order :)

Just wanted to give a quick update as Dozer's now been back on the MfM for a bit over a week now.

His coat is gleaming in the sun, his poos are so much smaller than when he was on VIP and he'll do anything for an extra piece of kibble.

His teeth are looking very nice as well.