Wa Woman Scammed Out Of Almost $6000

spikey

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I read this news story today on the ABC website:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/perth-woman-scammed-for-almost-6000-dollars-buying-puppy/7930050

Seriously? Are people REALLY so gullible these days that they would fall for something like this? Although I guess you'd have to say "yes" when you read the neverending stream of "love rat" stories that seem to keep popping up. I mean, don't get me wrong, the people who ripped this woman off are absolute scum, but wouldn't the alarm bells have been ringing in her head long before it got to the final transfer of money for the "crate"?

I dearly miss our old girl who died a year ago, and know how exciting it would be researching and subsequently buying a new dog or puppy (although that's not going to be on the cards for a long time for me), but there are so many red flags in this story, I'd be running in the other direction so fast I'd leave smoke trails!!!!

unreal, there really needs education . average puppy prices, airline, transport costs etc, gee even a puppy crate shouldnt cost more than $80?

I just send a puppy to a nephews friend in Alice Springs The actual cost of the flight including owning the crate it arrives in was $226.

Although the cost of pickup from the sender to Mascot varies with the distance to be travelled. the quote for pickup from my place was $180 some 2 hours diving to the airport

She bought a pup interstate "spur of the moment" for her daughters 16th Birthday... which means she spent little time looking to see if there was any pups available locally. Paid for the dog and then pays for further costs .... I wonder whether she has ever given money to a bank in Nigeria ? obviously she would also believe the used car salesman when he says "it was only driven to church on Sundays, or pays good money to go to seminars about how to become a Millionaire without having to work.....

No sympathy here.... Some people are just dumb... and will likely get ripped off because they don't do some basic research... There will always be stupid people who will get sucked in because they are lazy.