Can Anyone Recommend A

Rascalmyshadow

After a horrible year my husband and I finally made the decision to sell up and move to a small country property, it is not an area I am familiar with and will be too far away from my vet clinic to continue taking the animals there.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or good experiences with any vets in or near Korumburra, happy to travel up to half an hour if necessary, anything much further will become difficult.

Oh squee, I can answer this one easily and happily.... Korumburra Vet clinic - Kooweerup Vet clinic.

I live in Mornington and travel all that way and these are my regular vet. I only see Jamie or Mariki if possible. Brilliant vets. They have a 24hr on call service also. Jamie is a very talented repro vet also.

http://www.kvetsvic.com.au/

Edited by Starkehre

Thank you that is awesome to hear, was one of the things I was the most worried about. Even better its less than 10 mins from where we are moving so much closer than where I travel now.

Are their prices reasonable or do they tend to be a bit dearer than average?

They are ridiculously cheap, but not why I travel there as I would prefer expensive and save time. I wish I lived 10 mins away LOL.

They are easy going, don't treat savvy owners like plebs (like city vets do).

Thank you that is awesome to hear, was one of the things I was the most worried about. Even better its less than 10 mins from where we are moving so much closer than where I travel now.

They are ridiculously cheap, but not why I travel there as I would prefer expensive and save time. I wish I lived 10 mins away LOL.

They sound perfect, the vet I go to now I worked with a few years ago so I know her well and trust her completely, I really dislike dealing with new vets that treat experienced clients like idiots, or push unecessary products.

They sound perfect, the vet I go to now I worked with a few years ago so I know her well and trust her completely, I really dislike dealing with new vets that treat experienced clients like idiots, or push unecessary products.

Yes!! Don't they. This vet has on occasions encouraged me to use something I already have at home or get something over the counter for a condition when I have said I am happy for your to dispense me something. On other occasion been told I could oxy at home rather than there, so I don't have a messy car. They are just practical and sensible and respect owners/breeders who know what they are doing. It is hard to find vets like that nowadays.

Guest crazydoglady99

Lol Jules. I saw Rascal's name and was so pleased to see she'd popped back in.

Am happy for you Rascal, hope it turns out to be the change you all needed :)

Edited by crazydoglady99

We just moved here a month ago too! No regrets. If you need anything just yell out, happy to share my discoveries so far.

Mariki is amazing, my kelpie x had a tumour on his gum that we didn't know about, he flipped his lip over it two weeks ago so we took him straight in as he wouldn't let us fix it. Mariki was incredibly patient and calm even when he was growling his head off. When he went for surgery last week she had my partner stay with him to hold him for all the drips etc to be done. Then after surgery she called me for a good chat about it all, and was so pleased Diesel had stopped growling at everyone after surgery and gave her kisses.

She is the first vet who has not freaked out at his grumbly nature when he's unhappy, and she just took her time rather than playing stacks on the vet nurses. I'll be using her from now on.

The prices are on par with Melbourne and procedure costs are actually quite cheap.

Edited by Bundyburger

We just moved here a month ago too! No regrets. If you need anything just yell out, happy to share my discoveries so far.

Mariki is amazing, my kelpie x had a tumour on his gum that we didn't know about, he flipped his lip over it two weeks ago so we took him straight in as he wouldn't let us fix it. Mariki was incredibly patient and calm even when he was growling his head off. When he went for surgery last week she had my partner stay with him to hold him for all the drips etc to be done. Then after surgery she called me for a good chat about it all, and was so pleased Diesel had stopped growling at everyone after surgery and gave her kisses.

She is the first vet who has not freaked out at his grumbly nature when he's unhappy, and she just took her time rather than playing stacks on the vet nurses. I'll be using her from now on.

The prices are on par with Melbourne and procedure costs are actually quite cheap.

Wow what suburb did you move from? Have you found everyone very friendly?

Maybe we could meet up for a walk some time, we don't really know anyone up there.

I'm so excited and very relieved to have multiple people give such good feedback.

Wow what suburb did you move from? Have you found everyone very friendly?

Maybe we could meet up for a walk some time, we don't really know anyone up there.

I'm so excited and very relieved to have multiple people give such good feedback.

We've been living just out of Warragul for nearly a year, we were in south east suburbs before that.

I love it here, we're just in town but lucked out with amazing neighbours and a really quiet street. I'm yet to meet many people as we've been super busy on weekends but the people i have met are lovely. There's a local dog shop too which is great.

Drop me a PM and I'll pass on fb group details and stuff we've learnt already. Would definitely be up for a walk or something once you've moved.