Looking For A Big Strong Wading/shell Pool

Katdogs

I need to replace the dog pool and can't seem to find the big square type I got a couple of years ago - just the small scalloped 'shell' pool. Anybody seen the big ones lately, preferably in Sydney?

Or suitable substitute? I'd love one of those snazzy bone-shaped ones with a deck around it but they only seem to be in the USA and very expensive! Needs to be able to be tipped over or drained out, no pump.

Ta!

product44-e1422333507792-250x150.pngThese guys have the bone shaped ones http://www.dogshq.co.../new-dog-pools/

I love that one but when I checked the website they posted the ad in 2013 and haven't said much since. It was $425 plus shipping which from Vic to Sydney was going to be well over $100 - which might be ok if it lasts more than the usual year or two for plastics in the sun :eek:

Look for ponds ,heavy duty and last ages ,maters have cheap ones at present but Bunnings or any place that does water feature ponds will sell them

I was just going to say that. If you buy this type they last for years.

Ive been looking into one of these too as i want one a bit larger than the clam shell, you can get stock feeders/waterers or ponds.

but i havent decided which i want yet.

The bone ones are adorable but not worth $500! May as well make an actual mini pool for that laugh.gif

The same quality would be cheaper at a feed store (small cattle horse or calf troughs) than an aquarium store - larger production runs= lower prices usually. If not urgent, hang out til the next Farm Field Days in your area/State. ?Orange or Murrumbateman etc, as the poly-tub and tank makers usually have good show specials on the day.

... into 3rds then you'll have 2 pools ....

Plus the useful 'middle bit' for a compost tidy or salad garden bed. I'm looking out for some cheap ones to make paddle-pools for the ducks and geese - the metal frames make good sun shelters with shadecloth covers. They are a bit unpretentious or even tacky looking but ever so handy.

Don't know how handy you are, but if you can find one of the IBCs (1000L tank) and chop the plastic tank bit into 3rds then you'll have 2 pools :D cheap & takes about half an hour if you've got your own angle grinder.

they are good feed/water troughs too :) I have seen them in cooler areas with a little air vent and a small door cut out , used as dog kennels with much success

They're very handy. Out of various containers we've got kennels (my kennel took a bit more work because I didn't want to use the tacky looking plastic bit haha but there is one with the plastic bit kicking around somewhere), hay pods made from the metal base, I made one pool yesterday for the dogs because I wanted to keep the tap at the bottom :D (pro-tip: use a jigsaw, not an angle grinder - the angle grinder melts the plastic my husband said).

Have also seen them used as a hydroponic garden.