Official Petition To Stop The Current Breeding Legislation Bill In Vic

leopuppy04

This is the official petition link by MP Neale Burgess to stop the bill. Please share this far and wide across Victoria. We need as many voters as possible to use this petition by next week to allow it to be tabled in Parliament. This does not choose what should then be done but asks Parliament to stop the current bill and get a working committee together to work on a better proposed model, this has not been done to date. If we are granted that working committee then the people get to have their say. Please also note that no online petition or activity has to be raised in Parliament. If you print and sign this petition, returning directly to Minister Neale Burgess then your vote will be tabled in Parliament next Tuesday through to Thursday (potentially longer but ideally by next week) and it will make your opinion count.

http://www.nealeburgess.com.au/ethical_dog_breeders_petition

what we actually need MOST are trained professionals - Trainers, Behaviourists, Vets, Nurses..... anyone who believes that our dogs should continue to be raised in the family home.

This whole thing is just totally ridiculous! Typical of what one would expect from bureaucrats meddling in territory they are ignorant of!

This is just another example of Government not listening to people or canvassing the ideas of those effected by legislation made without wider consultation.

No decent Dog breeder wants to see Puppy Farmers thriving by ill-treatment and lack of care and hygiene of any animal - there is definitely need for legislation to bring

an end to these practices... but why should those of us trying to do the right thing be penalised???

This is a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The breeders I am fortunate enough to know, are genuine lovers of their chosen breed and as well as upholding sound practices and high standards, they are providing a service

both to the breed and to those who want pets.

I hope everyone will take that petition and get it signed by as many people as possible. Whether the Government takes notice or not is another issue!

I'm seeing comments on my FB page that there is a problem with this petition and that it shouldn't be signed. Hopefully someone will come in and clarify.

Can't say much, but go ahead and sign and send.....gee politics and smear campaigns are such fun!! Keep an eye on DV FB today (and every day!!)

I'm seeing comments on my FB page that there is a problem with this petition and that it shouldn't be signed. Hopefully someone will come in and clarify.

It is thought this petition was got up by a couple of puppy farms and if you sign it you are supporting them. I suppose it depends on how it is presented. This morning I read it was a vet that got it started. Who would know. I *think* VicDogs wants their own petition running.

With only 304 views to date on this forum, with thousands of members, I get the impression most peeps don't concern themselves too much with what they see as 'politics' and are content to let others worry about such things. Maybe a new heading to stress their rights to source and keep dogs are under threat?

looks to me that even here, people are unaware. Or unconcious.

I will sign this petition and IF dogs vic gets one out will look at that one too, or any others.

My support is for dogs. I don't much care at this point where any action in support FOR dogs comes from.

Theres little enough of it.

Edited by moosmum

It is thought this petition was got up by a couple of puppy farms and if you sign it you are supporting them. I suppose it depends on how it is presented. This morning I read it was a vet that got it started. Who would know. I *think* VicDogs wants their own petition running.

First is completely wrong, second on the right track...........don't believe all you hear!!

First is completely wrong, second on the right track...........don't believe all you hear!!

if the first is completely wrong then VicDOGs is in deep poo because that came from official sources

if the first is completely wrong then VicDOGs is in deep poo because that came from official sources

I might be an official source!!

No you can't be unless you state what your official capacity is.

Yes you might be which means someone has lied. Not happy with that