Rip Jindi

Isabel964

Just wanted to thank you all so much for the love, support and guidance you have given to me over the years but especially this year when I lost my kelp Punpunya, and the years leading up to this one as she got more fragile in her old age. And also for all your love and support and guidance for Jindi. You here are so special, you really make a massive and wonderfully heartfelt difference to dog owners and dogs lives, there just aren't words. I let Jindi go to the Rainbow Bridge on Monday and just haven't been able to post about it until now.

I have a full post in the Rainbow Bridge section.

I'm not sure if I can still be part of the forum though Ive been here maybe 12-15 years now ... because I rescued a kelpie cross and the family have decided on non-pure breed dog.

Thank you, thank you so much for everything xxx

I have written a response in your other thread but just wanted to say please don't go. You can absolutely stay whether you have purebred or crossbred dogs. This forum of course promotes purebred dogs, but there a number of us with cross/mix bred dogs. I had a Papillon in the past but currently have a rescue Chihuahua x, and I have never felt less than welcome. :)

Sending love to you in the difficult time. :hug:

Isabel, I agree with what PK just said. I can't see one reason you should go . And bless you for rescuing a kelpie x. I've been so pleased in recent times that the tibbie rescue people open their hearts to the crosses as well as the purebreds. All dogs, as pets, are precious to their owners. And, besides, many of our p/b pets love very much a mixed-breed 'brother' or 'sister'.

The great people at Chihuahua Rescue Qld have other dogs (breeds, sizes & mixes) coming thro', too....and call them Honorary Chihuahuas. One of the many reasons I support them.

Sorry to hear that you've had to farewell your dear Jindi. Always such a sad time.

Just wanted to say ... there are plenty of people on the forums with mixed breed and rescue dogs. As far as I know, the forum rules just prevent the advertising or promotion of non-purebred dogs, or breeding of them. I'm sure rescue and ownership of a non-purebred companion dog is fine. You're among friends. :)

Yes Isabel I'm the same - while I only have purebred westies at the moment, I've had mixed breed rescues which kind DOLers have helped with which I''m fairly sure Troy is happy with - its promoting and advertising mixed breeds on DOL which is not allowed - so please feel free to stay - we'd really miss you if you left.smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

I'm not sure if I can still be part of the forum though Ive been here maybe 12-15 years now ... because I rescued a kelpie cross and the family have decided on non-pure breed dog.

Thank you, thank you so much for everything xxx

WTF!! Why on earth do you feel that you have to leave because your dog isn’t a pure bred? :cry: :cry: I hope it is just a simple misunderstanding because if that was the criteria for being on the forum, it would have a much much smaller membership.

I have been a member of DOL since February 1993 and while I think a couple of the dogs who have graced my home might have been pure bred, most of them have been mixed and all (bar one) have been from pounds or other rescue groups.

I forbid you to leave :laugh: :laugh: because we have to see pix of the dog who will be joining your family.

Hi Everyone, you are so lovely - I've just come back in... I've found losing Jindi incredibly difficult. I have been through it before and I've so many of my dogs do much. But once they are gone I tend to be ok, I tend to be accepting.

But with Jindi I've cried every day since. Sometimes I not even thinking about her and I find tears streaming down my face. I have felt like I am rather broken. I've even had to ask the guy who runs the cremation business to keep Jindi in her custom made box there a little while longer because I didn't think I could cope with receiving her in a box just yet.

I'm not sure if it's because losing three this year, all who were with me over a decade made it so hard, or whether it was because Jindi really left way too young and the tumor was so cruel, I don't know. But it's been especially hard.

I'm so glad and nicely surprised that you have said I should feel ok staying. I've been a member for about 12-15 years and I love DOL. Where did I get the feeling I couldn't stay? I think I saw a new person post and they had a designer dog and they were made to feel unwelcome. I was surprised and felt sorry about that because they had questions and needed guidance. It was many years ago now but never forgot it. I do understand the concerns and issues with designed dogs.

I know DOL sippports rescues and I do have Lucy who we rescued - she is a Kelpie-staffy cross - rescued her at Easter this year. She seemed impossible to toilet train but we got there. She was a big handful - incredible energy. She is 1 yr old this week. We took her to dog obedience training every Sunday morning and every Wednesday night for 3 months straight - didn't miss a session. I'd do the handling and my husband would sit and watch with Jindi on his lap. Jindi didn't like to be separated from Lucy and loved coming to watch on my husbands kap and see all the dogs. . We continue that training.

We wanted a Westie but we just couldn't get one - not yet. Jindi was a Westie. We now have Ziggy who is a poodle cross - and not a rescue. I was very careful about where I got him from. The good thing is that Lucy and Ziggy get on incredibly well becauseL Lucy was very attached to Jindi.