Costco Kibble

*kirty*

I found an old thread where a few people said they were using the Kirkland kibble. Are people still using it? Thoughts? It is made by the same company that makes Taste of The Wild but is about $60 for 18kg apparently. It is grain free and they also do a cat food. Would like to try it but wondering if any others have tried it.

My housemate feeds it to her dog and he loves it :) His coat is a lot nicer on it, he is less itchy and the "output" size has decreased a lot too- although that can vary from dog to dog

It rates quite highly on here http://www.petfoodreviews.com.au/dry-dog-food/best-dry-dog-food/ He has the salmon and sweet potato one and even my puppy likes it more than her Black Hawk food, so she has some for treats occasionally (but the pieces are quite big so I don't use it too much for her)

I'm considering giving it to her once shes an adult as they dont have a puppy food, but will also try a few other foods to see what suits her best~

Costco will return it if your dog doesnt like it though, so if you have a membership I think its worth trying?

We are! Gus is looking fab, Rosie needs more so will have to top her up as now it's warmer and they are doing more she is looking a little too slim for my liking.

If you don't have a membership I'd be glad to take you in one day! I love the place, it is ridiculous! Haha.

I've got one dog on it and she's doing great - weight, coat and energy all good. She is 11 years old, and I haven't had the same success with my younger more energetic dogs. They've all struggled to hold weight on it

We are! Gus is looking fab, Rosie needs more so will have to top her up as now it's warmer and they are doing more she is looking a little too slim for my liking.

If you don't have a membership I'd be glad to take you in one day! I love the place, it is ridiculous! Haha.

Thanks Steph! :) I called my local store and I can go in and have a look around and can then sign up if I want to. If the cat food is good the membership will pay for itself in two bags of food!

I still use it :) I love it, the dogs do really well on it. I recommend it to everyone so much i think that costco should start paying me for endorsement! I prefer the grain free one, but will get the regular one if that's not available, haven't had any issues with either of them.

My sister feeds it to her cats and found that they didn't do as well on the grain free one, their coats became dull and ratty, but they do amazingly on the regular version.

I use the grain free in conjunction with a raw diet. For a while the were pretty much totally on the Kirkland kibble and maintained weight well and coats were great. Raw food supplies near me have improved so I have moved back to my preferred option of predominantly raw but if supplies become an issue for me again I will happily go back to the Kirkland grain free.

My concern is the cats really. The dogs do well on most stuff (except Pia) but I have two cats that have blocked in the past. They don't block on Advance but they did when I tried Black Hawk.

One of my sister's cats is an absolute stress head, he's had a couple of urinary blockages in the past. Haven't had any issues with that since switching to Kirkland signature, evenjoy through stressful times like moving house (stress seems to have been a trigger for this before)