For Piddles The Pup

moosmum

Because he deserves the recognition.

His lines are my heart dogs. All of them. So to Pids, for being my hero, my cuddle forever puppy dog, live stock guardian, fierce defender of the vulnerable or weak, vermin eradicator, clown, the most loyal of companions and child minder. You leave shadows every where I look to remind me you were here.

Awesome!

A sudden and very traumatic loss to snake bite in the line of duty at 8 yrs, 2 weeks after this picture. Love you forever and hope you feel my arms around you.

post-32332-0-91934100-1477355584_thumb.jpg

Edited by moosmum

For all his bulk, he won over a woman terrified of dogs since an attack in childhood. He sensed her terror and approached as meek as a kitten ( maybe lamb is a better description :laugh: ). Blew us all away.

Submissive was not his nature.

post-32332-0-34397400-1477355892_thumb.jpg

Edited by moosmum

I am so sorry for your loss Moosmum. It hurts so bad when your best cuddle mate is taken so suddenly in the line of duty. Sadly they sometimes take their job of protection to the ultimate finale.

Rest in peace brave boy.

Hugs to all your family.

Di

Thanks folks.

We think he was beautiful.

It was over a year ago but I could not even think back on it for nearly this long.

He watched us remove so many lizards he learned to alert us to reptiles and let us handle them, tho' he was put away for that if they were likely to be aggressive types- But even slight aggression and he would be sure he was between anyone/thing else and the whatever animal it was.

He was besotted with newborn foals so they couldn't have been better protected, even our other dogs would not be able to check them out for a few days, when they were over any excitement.

He would do the same with any visitors who weren't invited into the yard, not aggressively, just making sure they had to get past him 1st if they weren't going to be welcomed in.

We never lost a chook from our pen, but when I had one separated that night he asked to go out side NOW. When we let him out he ran 'round the front of the house and we heard his thundering run as the chook came back past him from the fox he made drop it.

He was not submissive at all, but very keen to please us and all training was done off lead- sit, stay, down, heal etc. Bush walks with the kids, we told them if he had a run in with ANYTHING, not to try pulling him away or stand ther calling him, but to leave the area as they called him because he would be trying to defend THEM.

Edited by moosmum

• 1 month later...