Most Effective Cat Detterent

ari.g

Could anyone please advise the best cat deterrents they have used?

My neighbours have 4 cats and they poo in my gravel carpark in my front yard and under my front stairs. Everyday I am picking up one or more poos. The cats have also been on the bonnet and roof of my car. I have spoken to them 3 times and left two notes, one including the council legislation about cats remaining in their owners yard. I am at my wits end. This has been going on for longer than 6 months. :cry: :cry:

Thanks perse, I was thinking about the water repellers but was loathe to spend that much. I have told the owners that I have spoken to the council and I can report them as stray cats or get a cat cage. I won't be able to do the cat cage for a few weeks. I am hesitant to use the cat cage as I fear retaliation and I have two dogs and work full-time. :(

Cat trap >take to council >owners have to pay to get cats out.

motion activated water spray ..like THIS one which we use to keep kangaroos off the garden...

When we moved to home home years ago, we had about 15 cats making a mess so we went to the council to get a cat trap. We never trapped one cat. We just got a dog sooner than we intended but thAt didn't help out the front.

I've had luck with a mixture of 3/4 water, 4 capfulls strong eucalyptus scented disinfectant, some oil (to keep the smell through some rain) and lavender imitation essence (250ml). Shake it about. Sometimes I add lemon. Spray where you want to deter (I just do the perimeter)

Was for dog poop on my nature strip but pleasant side effect of less cat poop.

Hose down the area to get rid of any residue cat poop smell as well before spraying.

Needs a topping up after heavy rain.

Hope you get rid of the poop

Edited by Thistle the dog

Thanks Perse! I always forget to look on Ebay.

If the water spray fails, I'll try the fake snake and eucalyptus spray. Do you still constantly use the spray Thistle?

Edited by ari.g

Thanks Perse! I always forget to look on Ebay.

If the water spray fails, I'll try the fake snake and eucalyptus spray. Do you still constantly use the spray Thistle?

If the cats are about when you are watching, you can also buy a BIG squirt gun, like the kids use on hot days, and fill it with something smelly. Then 'shoot' the cats when they appear. My mother trained the neighbors cats off her bird feeder this way . . . and got a lot of malicious pleasure doing it.

If the cats are about when you are watching, you can also buy a BIG squirt gun, like the kids use on hot days, and fill it with something smelly. Then 'shoot' the cats when they appear. My mother trained the neighbors cats off her bird feeder this way . . . and got a lot of malicious pleasure doing it.

I did think of that but they are usually too far away when I do see them and they usually poo in the gravel overnight :(

I have a neighbours cat that enjoys pooing in my garden. I buy moth balls and place them in the areas that it toilets and it stops it. You can buy the moth balls in a yellow tube. I cut the tube open amd just use the balls. When the balls slowly distengrate, it comes back so I do it again. I usually have to do it every 3-6 months.

Loved the video LOL

I had a cat stirring mine up by sitting on the fence and hissing at her through the window. I dragged a garden hose through the house, lined it up through the window and blasted it off the fence. Worked well.

Have done similar with dogs that rush the fence and bark at you when you walk into your yard. Bucket of water over the head soon dissuades them of the notion......