Wanted Dog Stroller

oscamia

I used a bike pram for my puppy which I loved. There was plenty of room inside and there was a cover which was mesh or you could pull plastic down for weather protection. It had pockets and other handy bits and pieces.

You can pick them up quite cheaply if you keep an eye on gumtree and ebay too. Not Paramatta but just to show you what I mean:

2nd hand bike pram

I found that our local Vinnie/Salvo groups are not allowed to sell crappy (non standard) prams or strollers for money but might point you to the 'no sale rubbish' pile. Sadly old Maggot dog didn't get much joy from our find because he wanted to sniff at ground level.

I modified with bits of netting to stop most of his falling out but sometimes he just tried to leap

I had the same problem with my old Mac who's now gone. Perse spotted a Phil and Ted's three wheeler stroller on Gumtree for me - which meant I could walk two other westies on a double lead to the park while pushing Mac one-handed in the stroller. Cost me $50 and a new tire. Worked brilliantly by laying it flat, put in his favourite pillows and cushions and I took the hood thing off. And was handy for putting stuff in (like glasses and a bottle of red!) for park trips.

Mac loved it - he could still go to the park with the others, potter around, and when he got too tired I'd put him back in the stroller and he'd have a snooze in the park shade. He loved his stroller and I'm reluctant to give it away in case I end up needing it for Sarah now she's heading for 16.

post-11746-0-19611900-1478649194_thumb.jpg

ETA: Mac only tried to jump out once very early on. So to start with I put him on a lead (black strap in the photo) and tied it to the handle bar as a precaution. But very quickly he got the idea and so I didn't need to use the leash anymore.

Edited by westiemum

Here's one similar to mine but a more 'sporty' version. I think from memory the second child seat is removable if you don't want it and a bargain at $20.

Or maybe this one - bad photos but sounds OK.

I can't see any pics

Prob must be your end as the link is working from here. smile.gif Otherwise they are both listed on Gumtree.

Here's one similar to mine but a more 'sporty' version. I think from memory the second child seat is removable if you don't want it and a bargain at $20.

Or maybe this one - bad photos but sounds OK.

I can't see any pics

Prob must be your end as the link is working from here. smile.gif Otherwise they are both listed on Gumtree.

I can't find them on gumtree do you mind reposting please