Some Bird Pics

Canisbellum

Umm... it's a Magpie Lark... otherwise known as a Pee Wee... noisy little buggers they are! Awesome nest shots! Maybe get your drone up there for a better view? Should be able to get above the nest from the look of the photos you have...

T.

Umm... it's a Magpie Lark... otherwise known as a Pee Wee... noisy little buggers they are! Awesome nest shots! Maybe get your drone up there for a better view? Should be able to get above the nest from the look of the photos you have...

T.

Thanks for that. I cant fly the drone there as its in the middle of housing so no drone flying allowed due to privacy laws and FAA rules forbidding flights within 30m of people.

Umm... it's a Magpie Lark... otherwise known as a Pee Wee... noisy little buggers they are! ....

Lovely shots Canetoad, whatever we call them. In Victoria they are Mudlarks (nest uses mud in building same as swallows do). I think the 'official' common-name of Magpie Lark was declared when I was a kid, and we were told not to call them mudlarks any more. Nobody in Victoria listened. At about the same time we were instructed that Blue Wrens should now be called Fairy Wrens. Nobody in Victoria listened, we still call a blue wren a blue wren as the early settlers did. Common names are funny, a bit regional, like all the "Christmas Bush" wildflowers differ in States.

Separately td, onya for those assignments, a real buzz.

Canetoad not meaning to photobomb your thread, but I was shooting bunnies this morning in a non-violent sort of way and was photobombed by a mudlark/magpie/peewee-ish bird and reflection. Stoked because they were monstering the magpies who monster my ducks. And thort of this thread.

P1020801A-M.jpg

Then over came this one, which is when you kick yourself for carrying a point and shoot instead of a real camera.

P1020843A-M.jpg

And a follow up to the super-Moon of a few nights back, this was overhead in early morning broad daylight - still definitely close, love a white moon in a blue sky.

P1020793A-M.jpg

Tks people, - and like The Spotted Devil I have a crook shoulder (now bordering on frozen), so gave up much carrying a Nikon and lenses, and mostly cart round a light p&s Panasonic Lumix FZ300 with a 28-600 lens. So it goes wide and long both, but the quality is hit and miss, lots of noise, the controls are more suited to auto than manual and it keeps saying "no you can't do that" like a roadmap that says "you can't get there from here". I start physio for the shoulder this week so hoping to get some muscle-tone back for the cause.