Piqapoo

PepitoVFR

I can imagine this causing dogs to develop anxieties about toileting. ????

obviously training is needed to accustom a dog to doing things a different way :) ... after all - we put dogs in wheelchairs, in pants , bellybands- in elizabethan collars .. harnesses which cover a lot of their body ..all sorts of things.

In a previous life,decades ago .. I trained labrador guide dogs to wear a contraption using small plastic freezer bags - as they were to be sent to High Density Japan ..and at work there was nowhere they could toilet .

it didn't take long - I also thought it was odd/awful at first ..however , the main thing was getting teh dogs to toilet on command ..then adding the contraption we made ... and they didn't think twice !

Edited by persephone

There's something about this that bothers me - and I can't put my finger on it confused.gif

Lack of dignity?

In the other clip I've seen online, they had the dog continue to walk around with its poo strapped to it. Who here would like to walk around in soiled pants with poo bouncing around? Would having to do that every time you eliminated make you start to fear toileting when out, then maybe even going out at all? I feel like even if desensitization is done it's still inherently aversive...

I DO appreciate where you're coming from Perse and imagine in that situation it would have hopefully been done in a better fashion, e.g. put on, command dog, then immediately remove.

There's something about this that bothers me - and I can't put my finger on it confused.gif

i honestly thought it was torture at first ..but to teh dogs , it was just another thing ..and it became normal very fast ... put gadget on ...this became a 'cue to poo'..reward..take gadget off , and back to whatever was happening before ... a few minutes ...couple times a day ....

they were trained to relieve on command anyhow ..and on leash .. so there was no aversion ..it was all part of a process...