Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeeEmArgh

New Dog In Newcastle

22 posts in this topic

Motorbikes, skate boards and the like can be huge problems :(  and I can understand your wife’s reluctance to walk a big strong dog like Prince when there are likely to be some around.  Have you tried a halti or similar?  Just for if and when she wants to walk him.    

SeeEmArgh likes this

54 minutes ago, Dame Danny's Darling said:

Motorbikes, skate boards and the like can be huge problems :(  and I can understand your wife’s reluctance to walk a big strong dog like Prince when there are likely to be some around.  Have you tried a halti or similar?  Just for if and when she wants to walk him.    

The motorbike issue is our next big hurdle to tackle and I'll be working with our trainer to try and correct. Our trainer doesn't like to use a halti usually but I know he does suggest them temporarily if it is really required. Hopefully we can get him to a point where motorbikes don't bother him, but a lot of work will be required to get him there. In the meantime I've organised for a dog trainer/walker to take him on his daily walk when I'm away from home and while my wife is not able too.