Surrogate Mum In Se Qld?

I've just seen on FB that Deathrow Unchained Rescue in SE Qld has a litter of 8 neonate pups dumped in a bin near Toowoomba. They are in (very) temp care but need somewhere to go, ideally with a surrogate mum, or experienced neonate carer who can bottle feed.

See https://m.facebook.com/offthechaink9/ for more info

Edited by Simply Grand

Yes, they latex free makeup sponges, I use Biolac have better results than that.

You can see how it works if you go to You tube and type in sponge feeding new born puppies, there are a couple of videos on there showing what you need and how to do it.

I found it just so stress free rearing my little girl, no inhalation of milk none coming out of the nose, you soak the pointed end into the formula put it into puppies mouth, then with a syringe you slow drip onto the sponge so no rush of milk to harm the precious little souls.

I highly recommend this method of hand rearing those poor little darlings, so over some people who should be banned from owning any animal.

Thanks Mjosa, that's really useful info, I'll remember it!

Good news is they've found a vet nurse to care for the bubs and they are actually a little older than first thought, eyes are open and up on their feet so they should be able to lap and start eating food soon too.

So heartless that someone dumped them, but hopefully they will be ok from now on.

Thanks Mjosa, that's really useful info, I'll remember it!

Good news is they've found a vet nurse to care for the bubs and they are actually a little older than first thought, eyes are open and up on their feet so they should be able to lap and start eating food soon too.

So heartless that someone dumped them, but hopefully they will be ok from now on.

Looking better!

:) Phew that is great news, if they are around three weeks old I would be starting to wean them now, but being with a vet nurse she would know exactly what they need.

Yes sponge feeding is the way to go for newborns, it really is something to store away in the memory box if ever needed.