Whitening Shampoos....

ellz

Re-entering a zone I thought I had left many years ago and many of the "lotions and potions" that I swore by are no longer current (or in some cases, available).

Not wanting (at this stage anyway) to remove any staining, just looking for recommendations on keeping already sparkly whites, white.

Located in Tasmania, so probably most would be by mail order.

Have used Plush Puppy whitening shampoo (but not overly fussed with it) and can easily get whitening horse shampoos. Any other suggestions or recommendations gratefully received.

Pictures would be nice too if you can do it.

Thanks in advance!

Seriously after 30 plus years I still can't go past Equinade GloWhite. Tried pretty much every dog whitening shampoo and just keep going back to GloWhite. I put 1 pump of GloWhite in with whatever regular shampoo I'm using, never neat.

Enthusiastic second to Gruf here.

The horse whitening shampoos seem so much better in white dogs. Always apply pre-diluted, as you should with any shampoo on dogs anyway.

And never overlook the old fashioned "dry" shampoo of rubbing in then thoroughly brushing out finely ground bran, leaves a more sparkly finish than chalk.

In the old old days it was Magic Silver White. Oh my dog you had to be careful with that stuff!

These days, GloWhite.

Another tried & true is to scrub the whites with yellow velvet soap cake. This seems to work best on softer coats to help remove grass and pee stains etc.