Unusual Cross-Breds

PossumCorner

I went to congratulate someone on their purebred affenpinscher pup not too long ago, but did ask what the breed was first, and it was a pug x shih tzu!

As a pup looked almost exactly the same, would love to see what it looks like now :laugh:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stafford x German Shepherd. I can't even begin to describe the offspring but they weren't overly attractive.

And for a scary cross, just yesterday saw an ad for Tibetan Mastiff x Sarplaninac. Tibetans have their own foibles, let alone crossing them with a breed that is known to be non-affectionate to all humans, including their owners........ :eek::eek:

Stafford x German Shepherd. I can't even begin to describe the offspring but they weren't overly attractive.

And for a scary cross, just yesterday saw an ad for Tibetan Mastiff x Sarplaninac. Tibetans have their own foibles, let alone crossing them with a breed that is known to be non-affectionate to all humans, including their owners........ :eek::eek:

Sars are plenty affectionate with their people. Other people not so much but as they are a flock guardian and that is perfect for the job they were bred to do.

--Lhok

I had a lovely foster, dashy x cattle. Exactly coloured and marked like a bluey, but body shape all dashy.

She turned out to be deaf, her owners adore her and they often get asked what she is and they say she is a mini cattle dog :laugh:

one of the oddest was an ACD X corgi!

All ACD markings & shape - with 3 inch legs!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Now would that make to stop and take a second look?

it needed a second look - first look I was several inches too high!!! :rofl:

She looked quite disproportionate , but was fit & friendly & healthy ...

I have a Border Collie x Corgi who makes people laugh. I thought we were getting a working dog type, BC x Kelpie but mum had loose knickers and the litter had black & white short legs and black & tan long legs.

She is a great dog who is now 13 years old.

a

I groomed a German shepherd x corgi once. That was a strange looking dog, almost just a GSD with teeny legs, but a bit larger than a normal corgi.

Friends with a Valhund often have a hard time convincing people their girl is not a GSD/corgi mix! |

LOL I can recall when Mum had in her yard, one mini wire dach male, one griffon rough and a heap of pugs.

Fell over myself laughing when one visitor assumed that the griff was the result of an accidental mating between the dach and a pug! laugh.gif

I just remembered a shelter dog who was microchipped as Lab x Husky but looked exactly like a black Lab and we were all like "really?" But then as soon as she was left in the kennel she start "aroooowooowoooo-ing" chatting away and we went "ooooohhh, there's the husky!" :D

Edited by Simply Grand

I just remembered a shelter dog who was microchipped as Lab x Husky but looked exactly like a black Lab and we were all like "really?" But then as soon as she was left in the kennel she start "aroooowooowoooo-ing" chatting away and we went "ooooohhh, there's the husky!" :D

Love it! I should've asked the tibbie X chihuahua who looked pure tibbie to 'speak'! :)

Harry - a heady mix of pug and GSD.

4270350768_f929b0d53a.jpg

4290364962_82237d2428.jpg

Westiemum this is what I was talking about in your guess the mix post. This is the sort of 'dishy' face that crops up with brachycephalic mixes. Your guy wasn't so prominent but I could see it in there!

There are a lot of breeds that can be affected by Achondroplasia - which is the shortened long bones in the legs as is normal in Corgis etc so these Corgi crosses might actually be pure bred dogs with Achondroplasia. I've seen photos of a pedigree GSD with this condition, looks exactly like a GSD on Corgi legs

I worked with a pug/schnauzer mix for a while. He was so funny. He looked like a white gremlin, and he was fond of doing unpredictable things like suddenly barrelling into the room at high speed and leaping at me without slowing down. "HERE I COME! Catch me!" Such a clown.

There were Maltese/kelpie puppies on Gumtree last year. They looked like small, long-haired kelpies with white blazes.

My mother had a kelpie/boxer mix. Pretty hard to pick it.

17163726105_d9e45f4412.jpg

I have a client at the moment with a CKCS/Beagle mix. He looks Beagle with a bit of whisp in his tail and a slightly odd ear set and rounded skull. I'm yet to see the CKCS in his behaviour. He is very Beagle.

Yes, we do get GSD/corgi cross all the time for our vallhund. We actually met some on the beach once, and they looked nothing like Erik. They were tan with black masks and a wee bit of sabling.

As a kid we had a poodle X silky terrier and a chihuahua X silky terrier. Same dad, apparently he used to do the rounds of the neighbourhood. Both small light brownish fluffy things. Hair needed to be clipped back or it matted terribly (which I did as a kid, with a pair of scissors, because if I didn't the dogs ended up in matted dreads.) Both entire males, of course. My family never desexed the male pets, because they don't have puppies/kittens so not their problem (don't even go there.... I know!!!)

The unusual thing about these crosses? Both puppies were "to give away" in the paper. If they were born today,someone would be charging a thousand bucks and slapping a made up name on them....