Keeping Cooked Treats Handy But Need Refrigeration?

frazz

My puppy is learning basic commands. I've tried liver treats which he gets bored with and cooked chicken which he's very enthusiastic to work for. At the moment I'm trying to get him to pee on command and then using "come" to have him come straight back inside (so he learns it's not always outside play time every time we go to the toilet). I need treats for both but I often have to hurry out the door as I see him sniffing and looking for somewhere to toilet inside. I'm tempted to leave a bowl of treats by the backdoor so I can grab as I walk out but in Qld heat at the moment it will go off in no time. I'm wondering what others do in this situation? Cold bag by the back door? Use a different treat (lower value)? I also have a dehydrator I've only used a couple of times in the past and I'm wondering if I could dehydrate the cooked chicken and it will still be a high value treat?

Guest crazydoglady99

Home made dehydrated treats are awesome!

Chicken liver & pumpkin, or salmon & pumpkin are very popular here!

We blanch liver, blend with cooked pumpkin. Blend tinned salmon with cooked pumpkin.

Pipe onto sheets & dehydrate. They are done in a few hours. Sausages are pretty popular dehydrated (chopped into rounds then quartered).

If you pop into the thread 'high value dog treats' there's some pretty awesome suggestions. This thread

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/267711-high-value-training-treats/page__pid__6859024__st__15#entry6859024

Edited by crazydoglady99