Big Dog Beds

wanderlust

My gripe with beds is the rubbish designs they have. The snooza beds are so ugly , hideous green and blue with their logo all over it.

Thats why i brought one like the Orvis back from the states.

I really like the design on the 'Dougue' beds but they dont make anything big at all.

I bought memeory foam and really nice fabric and got my mum to sew a cover for the crate bed.

They probably don't come large enough but I recently discovered the SnugLoo self-heated dog bed. Tried it out myself. Older small dogs or just littlies in general who like their creature comforts. Mal would love it but errr he kind of has enough beds. :laugh:

I was looking out for some sort of low profile bed preferably with bumpers at the side for his crate (75 x 50) but to be honest his mat fits in there anyway.

My gripe with beds is the rubbish designs they have. The snooza beds are so ugly , hideous green and blue with their logo all over it.

I really like the design on the 'Dougue' beds but they dont make anything big at all.

I bought memeory foam and really nice fabric and got my mum to sew a cover for the crate bed.

With you on that! And what's the deal with all the tartan on dog beds?!

May I ask where you got your memory foam? Was it cut to size?

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Clarke rubber, i just got it cut to size, then i put a fleece bed ontop of that. the fabric was from spotlight and it match's the chairs around my table that i recovered too. I had fabric left over so put a piece over the top of the crate and she has 3 bolster cushions aswell :laugh:

Clarke rubber, i just got it cut to size, then i put a fleece bed ontop of that. the fabric was from spotlight and it match's the chairs around my table that i recovered too. I had fabric left over so put a piece over the top of the crate and she has 3 bolster cushions aswell :laugh:

Ah I might have to take a trip to a store then. Or, you know, just use his mat. :laugh:

I was looking at their website last night and couldn't find anything.

I'd agree with that, for the most part. I did really like the patterns for the velboa fabric on the trampoline bed covers but there's not much else that suits my tastes. That said.. I think dog beds, generally, are often quite ugly. The only exception was one I saw several years back that was a huge paw-shaped bed made of faux fur. Quite pretty but if I recall correctly, the prize was ~$400 with shipping and my dogs didn't use their own beds enough to justify that sort of expense.

Similar to this- https://www.amazon.com/Scruffs-Grizzly-Bear-Pet-Brown/dp/B00DS6X5ZU

Costco have very good dog beds on and off. We picked up some large couch style beds with memory foam bases a few years back and they are fantastic! $65 or $75 at the time I think? I dont always see the memory foam ones there... but they often do have some good big beds and very well priced!

Crikey Moses - I really want an Orvis bed now. I've resisted so far but its calling my name. Cause, you know ... one dog can never have too many sleeping spaces.

Including my bed and the lounges my guys have 7 beds inside and another two outside! Spoilt rotten they are!

And SM for me the plastic cover over the foam and under the outer cover - essentially two covers - is the absolute clincher for Orvis. I have an old occasionally incontinent girl (she sometimes seems to go so deeply asleep that she occasionally wets - and gets very upset) - so the plastic cover is a Godsend. And if I'm being really honest, part of it is aesthetics - the Orvis look really good and IMO are good enough for the lounge room. As someone else said, I don't understand why dog beds have to be made of such crappy material and be so bog ugly!

So does anyone know if there are any beds in Australia which supply a plastic zipped inner lining over the foam? Genuine question cos I'll look at them if they do.smile.gif

Edited by westiemum