Do Your Canine Mates In Spirit Visit You In Your Dreams?

Paul777

G'day everyone.

My best mate & loyal companion passed over to the other side over 7 years ago at age 14.

Before he passed I had shed many tears knowing that his time was soon. 6 months before he left, I was so choked up that I couldn't speak, when the vet had the "well, we have to think of what's right for him" talk. He wasn't in ill health, had a healthy appetite for his raw meaty bone diet & only a few kilos down from his prime. Ponti was just an elderly gent.

The day that he 'went home', he woke me at 3am to go toilet. He lay outside on the lawn (where I went back to sleep lying alongside him, lol) & when the sun rose I awoke. I lay there telling him how much I loved him, that it was ok for him to leave me, that I'd be ok, that we'd always be mates, even in spirit.

With that he lifted his head & gave me his usual 'kiss' when no-one else was looking (he only ever gave me a kiss when alone, or in front of a girlfriend), just a little flick of the tip of his tongue under my chin (hilariously, after seeing this & expecting the same, when girlfriends asked him for a kiss he'd stick his long tongue straight into their mouths & tickle their tonsils, hahaha) lay down his head & took his last breath.

His passing was so peaceful & so beautiful, that I didn't even shed a tear. I was so grateful to have been so privileged to have shared over 12 years (brought him home as an 18 month old) with such an extraordinarily special boy. Ponti often anticipated what I required from him.

There was no grieving period. His memory would always bring a smile to my face. Not a day has passed where I haven't thought of him at least once.

Ever since, Ponti visits me in my dreams. At some level I knew that I hadn't been buying him any food (a regular weekly activity) & I'd awake a bit upset. From then on, I wouldn't remember the dream itself, but would awake really happy, with a knowing feeling that he'd visited me that night while asleep & that he's doing just fine, awaiting to greet me when it's my time to go 'home'.

Never ever would I have ever considered replacing him. Several months ago, I awoke 'knowing' that Ponti had visited & 'told me' that it was time to get a new canine mate.

There's no-way I could've coped with a puppy due to disabilities, so I was looking for an 18 month old.

A series of synchronicities led me to bring home an 8 week old Rotti a fortnight ago. What was I thinking?

There's no doubt in my mind that I was led to my new pup, Zagan. When I viewed the pups & parents, after rumbling with his brothers, Zagan come up to me, said 'hello' & then went to sleep under my feet.

Zagan is an amazing pup, it's as if he already knew me. Doesn't get under my feet (except when overly excited & tries to grab a trouser leg) sleeps 6-7 hours straight at night. Settles himself & sleeps under/next to my bed when I need a nanna nap. After pissing on the carpet twice, he has now taken himself to the bathroom, where I secure him when I go out & pissed on newspapers that I put over a bath mat, without ever showing him.

Who else here gets 'visited' in their dreams by their fur family who've passed over to the other side?

Hey Kirislin.

Why do you think you were calling Penny's name? Did you awake with the sense that she paid you a visit?

Love is what keeps us connected. It's why they're patiently waiting for us : )

Yes, I thought she was there

That experience alone, would show me that Penny's never ever left you. Isn't that simply beautiful?

Thank-you for sharing Kirislin : )

I don't see anything wrong with having this in the Rainbow Bridge Forum. I often dream about my dogs, past and present. I know I dreamt about Danny last night, but can't recall anything about the dream, just that he was there. They last thing I did in reality with Danny was to stroke him as he lay at peace in his bed and comment on how soft his coat was. To know that I will never have that physical feeling again has brought me to tears. Loved him so much.

I don't see anything wrong with having this in the Rainbow Bridge Forum. I often dream about my dogs, past and present. I know I dreamt about Danny last night, but can't recall anything about the dream, just that he was there. They last thing I did in reality with Danny was to stroke him as he lay at peace in his bed and comment on how soft his coat was. To know that I will never have that physical feeling again has brought me to tears. Loved him so much.

I think our reasoning is that Rainbow Bridge is to acknowledge the passing of our dogs, to share the grief of loss, the eulogy and the condolences. Every post there is so very personal and individual to that dog. If general discussions are included it loses something special. Thanks P777.

DDanny'sD, dreaming of Ponti just reinforced my personal belief that he's waiting for me. I smile when I think of my beautiful boy for this reason.

Once they're in our hearts there's no forgetting.

I'm so sorry that Danny's passing is still painful for you.

Interesting that we both don't recall the dream itself but rather the feeling that our mates paid us a visit.

Never ever did I ever think that I'd even consider attempting to fill the void left behind (I felt more empty than sad) but the little terror sleeping under me as I type, blows that out of the water : )

After more than 7 years it not only felt right, it feels like it was Ponti's idea.

I had a medical issue and very nearly died, my dog came to me then. I wanted so badly too touch her but she stayed just out of my reach then started running big circles that got further away then after that I woke up.

I had had no measurable blood pressure for a time and they had managed to stabilise it with rapid blood transfusions at that poibt.

I grabbed my midwife and said am I going to die as I saw Angel - my dogs name - and she's dead - she had died 7 weeks before. She said no but it wasn't until later I found out just how close I had come.

I don't often remember my dreams either but I do believe that things happen at certain times for a reason - and I have no doubt our departed babies look after us. So I have no doubt Ponti sent your new pup to you Paul777 when the time was right. And I know Mac is waiting for me and I'll see him again, and this time it will be for eternity. thumbsup1.gif

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies : )

Thistle the Dog. "Past" AND present "companion", lol. It's why I awake with a smile when I 'just know' that Ponti is waiting for me : )

OSoSwift. So glad that you pulled through! Your story sounds very similar to other peoples Near Death Experiences, where they see family & friends (Dr Raymond Moody's book 'Life After Life' is a good one)

Has this experience affected your spiritual views regarding life after death, may I ask?

I love stories like yours. Thanks for sharing : )

Westiemum You're right on all counts : )

Griff love the cartoon, thanks. I work helping people with spirits (& worse) in their homes. Often it's the dogs & cats that alert their owners to their presence in the first place.

I've heard many times people say their pet stares into thin air, either growling at a stranger or wagging their tails as if greeting a friend.

For those who haven't experienced a visit, if you don't think it would upset you, try picturing your furry mate in your minds eye, patting & fussing over him/her like you did, before you fall asleep & ask him/her to visit.

You may dream of him/her (an astral meeting) or like Dame Danny's Darling & myself, wake up with that 'knowing' feeling.

These encounters have proved to me, that our friends are still with us, patiently waiting for us ......... not gone, not lost ..... love is the bond that can't be broken : )

It's very comforting to me & it's my hope that it provides comfort to others who are also missing their mates : )

I don’t believe in the spiritual, I’m sorry. We just dream of loved ones and some event through the day triggers dreams.

I have to say, though, that when one of the most pragmatic and sensible person I have ever met told a story about “someone visiting”, I was pretty shaken. However, over the years I have “caught” this person out telling absolute porkies and even stories (totally fabricated) of events where I was.

I don’t believe in the spiritual, I’m sorry. We just dream of loved ones and some event through the day triggers dreams.

I have to say, though, that when one of the most pragmatic and sensible person I have ever met told a story about “someone visiting”, I was pretty shaken. However, over the years I have “caught” this person out telling absolute porkies and even stories (totally fabricated) of events where I was.

As the son of a preacher, I witnessed first hand the practice of what I call 'Lying for the Lord'. Ugh, it's so disingenuous & dishonest.

Spiritual groups seem to be no different, where I've heard many a wannabe guru telling porkies to convince others to believe in their special brand of stupid.

My abilities dealing with spirits is not something that I chose nor went looking for. It caused me a lot of grief & fear until I worked it out.

As a kid, I was told that the spirits that I sensed were 'demons' & that it was a sign that the 'Devil' was trying to recruit me. Lovely thing to teach a child. I was terrified of the dark for years as a consequence.

I've known plenty of people who are Atheist until they've had an encounter with spirit. Although it's not that common in places like Aus., it's by no-means rare.

One family that I helped (after the official Catholic churchs 'exorcist' fled in terror) had experienced poltergeist activity & 2 family members were so ill that both had spent 3 days in hospital for a battery of tests that revealed 'no known cause'.

One family member has since played rugby league for Australia. That story will one day be made public (they ripped me off bad - went halves in lotto, it won, they held the ticket & refused to give my share)

Were it not for my experiences with past lives (I've 'seen' 15 & helped others to witness hundreds of theirs) & spirits, I'd definitely be Agnostic.

To my understanding, belief is no essential requirement. It's psychologically healthier to be Atheist/Agnostic than to have a mind full of fear : )

My boy Tip regularly appears in my dreams, and they usually involve him protecting me in some way, which I take as a sign that, just as when he was alive, he has my back! It is comforting, even when sometimes (like last night), these dreams are nightmares.

I regularly wake up with a warm feeling behind my knees, which is where he always slept... a spot Jingo never chooses for some reason!

I treasure those little reminders!

Di

My boy Tip regularly appears in my dreams, and they usually involve him protecting me in some way, which I take as a sign that, just as when he was alive, he has my back! It is comforting, even when sometimes (like last night), these dreams are nightmares.

I regularly wake up with a warm feeling behind my knees, which is where he always slept... a spot Jingo never chooses for some reason!

I treasure those little reminders!

Di

What a beautiful story, thank-you for sharing.

I've heard often, some peoples dogmatic (no pun intended!) view of our 'Guardian Angels', that wouldn't even dare consider that we can have many, including our furry family watching over us. Tip protecting you in your dreams (astral plane), how sweet.

Did you see Griffs post on this thread? (bottom of page 1) How appropriate when thinking of Jingo's respect for Tip's spot :D

"I treasure those little reminders!" That's the point of this thread. To you, me & those of like mind, they ARE reminders that we haven't really lost them, that they're still with us.

For those with an Atheist perspective, at the very least, it's a reminder of how fortunate we are to have had the pleasure of sharing our lives with special little souls :)