Do Your Canine Mates In Spirit Visit You In Your Dreams?

Paul777

Just for the record people; for those with a different perspective, still feel free to post your thoughts.

As long as it doesn't contain Devils & Boogy-men, I'm very comfortable hearing different points of view.

My beliefs are based on experiences that many wouldn't even consider possible, I fully understand that. As a result of my experiences, I'm really 'out there', lol.

(no, my mother had me tested :eek: )

Hmmmm not sure it has as I have always been a bit different ;)

I often just know things with no plausible explanation. These days I will tell my husband as he would ho yeh yeh and brush it off. When my I just know feeling is verified, he goes wow you said that. I am not often wrong.

I have had other unexplainable things happen with my dogs and other pets - whilst they were still alive.

I read a book called "Dogs never lie about love" and went yep.

I have dogs in the kennels who's behaviour changes when their owns have come home a day early but I have no idea until they turn up.

Lots of little things.

So has it changed how I view the spiritual world, no I don't think so. It has given me a vastly new appreciation for life and I still believe there are things science cannot explain.

Hmmmm not sure if I made much sense there :)

I am also an empath.

Edited by OSoSwift

I'm sure millions of people the world over have read "Dogs Never Lie About Love" and totally get it too :)

Everyone has read millions of stories about the extra sensory perceptions of many different animals, not only dogs. Look at salmon and turtles for instance and how they will die trying to get back to their spawning/nesting places.

Many and varied are the things that science can't explain and they (mostly) will be the first to admit it.

Rarely do scientists say that. If it cannot be explained or proven by science then it isn't so, generally.

There are un-explainable things that people see, feel, experience that cannot be proven. The naysayers say well it's just cannot have happened, the believers believe. It's that simple.

Rarely do scientists say that. If it cannot be explained or proven by science then it isn't so, generally.

There are un-explainable things that people see, feel, experience that cannot be proven. The naysayers say well it's just cannot have happened, the believers believe. It's that simple.

Shades of gray, OSoswift :) Plenty of people in between the naysayers and the believers.

Hmmmm not sure it has as I have always been a bit different ;)

I often just know things with no plausible explanation. These days I will tell my husband as he would ho yeh yeh and brush it off. When my I just know feeling is verified, he goes wow you said that. I am not often wrong.

I have had other unexplainable things happen with my dogs and other pets - whilst they were still alive.

I read a book called "Dogs never lie about love" and went yep.

I have dogs in the kennels who's behaviour changes when their owns have come home a day early but I have no idea until they turn up.

Lots of little things.

So has it changed how I view the spiritual world, no I don't think so. It has given me a vastly new appreciation for life and I still believe there are things science cannot explain.

Hmmmm not sure if I made much sense there :)

I am also an empath.

You certainly make sense to me OSoSwift :)

Shades of gray, OSoswift :) Plenty of people in between the naysayers and the believers.

There sure is DDD :)

In my world there are billions of shades of grey.

Now if I could just get the brain to quiet down sometimes. It's far too busy in there sometimes :)

Read the NYE thread ..... someone wants "calm" to be her word of 2017. :) :)

Sounds good, mostly I like it but sometimes a little shhhhh is good :) I do find I think of fairly complex and obscure things at comepletely random times like waking up at 1am with a sudden explanation or information about an issue that helps me investigate. So it can be a good thing :)

I don't think science, done properly, discounts 'the spiritual'.

Some scientists may. I think its mostly that science hasn't had any conclusive, repeatable evidence that it does. Seems to me religion and science are just 2 different sides to the same coin and both can provoke a spiritual Awe.

Maybe its a human Drive?

Science basicaly looks for purpose. Why does some thing behave as it does and what are the properties and limits that make it so?

Religion gives one- to serve a 'higher' conciousness. Religion says we can't understand it, its beyond us.

Science says we must, to serve it.

Religion tells us purpose is there. Science tells us to find it. Spirituality seems like the glue between.

The form of Conciousness is still the Great Mystery. The Cambridge Declaration of Conciousness says its not confined to Human beings, but we have no real idea of its limits or properties.

I've had a lot of experience that can't be explained by known Laws. It doesn't mean they aren't there. We just can't explain them. We can't prove what we can't explain.

Science can't accept Laws with out explanation or verification and still be science. Unfounded beliefs limit understanding, and how we respond.

Understanding the nature of conciousness might explain a lot.

I think its pretty Awesome... How does a culture of cells, bound together by the limits of their common purpose, achieve conciousness? What IS it?

Edited by moosmum

In my world there are billions of shades of grey.

Now if I could just get the brain to quiet down sometimes. It's far too busy in there sometimes :)

Meditation is the easiest way to 'quiet' the mind.

I've learned dozens of techniques, all with their own particular value.

There's plenty of different ways to meditate. Sitting quietly watching a sunrise/sunset, for e.g., is a form of meditation. The trick is to find the one that suits the individual.

My favourites are 'guided' meditations & the open-eyed meditation as taught by the Brahman Kumaris.

Up until the age of seven, our minds go to alpha level at rest (sitting, lying down for e.g.) After that age our minds stay at beta at rest.

After learning the open-eyed technique, my brain waves go straight to alpha at rest. It's changed the way my brain works for the better.

Very handy life tool, especially when stressed or laying awake at night when one's mind is troubled.

Some scientists may. I think its mostly that science hasn't had any conclusive, repeatable evidence that it does. Seems to me religion and science are just 2 different sides to the same coin and both can provoke a spiritual Awe.

Maybe its a human Drive?

Science basicaly looks for purpose. Why does some thing behave as it does and what are the properties and limits that make it so?

Religion gives one- to serve a 'higher' conciousness. Religion says we can't understand it, its beyond us.

Religion tells us purpose is there. Science tells us to find it. Spirituality seems like the glue between.

The form of Conciousness is still the Great Mystery. The Cambridge Declaration of Conciousness says its not confined to Human beings, but we have no real idea of its limits or properties.

I've had a lot of experience that can't be explained by known Laws. It doesn't mean they aren't there. We just can't explain them. We can't prove what we can't explain.

Science can't accept Laws with out explanation or verification and still be science. Unfounded beliefs limit understanding, and how we respond.

I think its pretty Awesome... How does a culture of cells, bound together by the limits of their common purpose, achieve conciousness? What IS it?

You're a thinker, aren't you Moosmum? lol.

'All things exist, yet man can only understand that which he's been educated to comprehend.' - Imre Vallyon.

Today's magic is tomorrows science :eek:

Religion & science are just very different perspectives that are often trying to explain/understand the same thing.

For e.g., the Theories of Evolution & the Big Bang are describing the process of Creation.

There are truths & there are higher truths. We are limited by the restrictions of the physical.

We are eternal beings with untold inherent ability. The clue is to be found in our so-called 'junk' DNA. As a very old book says; 'Ye are Gods'.

Maybe its a human Drive?

You're a thinker, aren't you Moosmum? lol.

'All things exist, yet man can only understand that which he's been educated to comprehend.' - Imre Vallyon.

Today's magic is tomorrows science :eek:

Religion & science are just very different perspectives that are often trying to explain/understand the same thing.

For e.g., the Theories of Evolution & the Big Bang are describing the process of Creation.

There are truths & there are higher truths. We are limited by the restrictions of the physical.

We are eternal beings with untold inherent ability. The clue is to be found in our so-called 'junk' DNA. As a very old book says; 'Ye are Gods'.

:laugh:

It does give me a lot of 'WOW!'

But seriously, If you want to know if something is at work you need to quantify what IT is, and how you can expect it to work.

Moosmum

Ever since I was a child, I've experienced spirits, usually of the negative kind. Being indoctrinated with religion certainly didn't help.

Years back I went through what I call a 'spiritual awakening' that forced me, for sanity's sake, to rebuild the foundations of my beliefs.

For 7 years I studied, researched, meditated & practiced High Ritual very intensely.

It got to the point where I realised that I'd probably only see, or be able to comprehend, the tip of the iceberg. The rest is hidden by the restrictions of the physical. What I knew was sufficient to be comfortable & free of fear of the unknown.

Trying to work out questions like my son asked when he was 5yo; "Who made 'God' dad?", would only give me a headache & best left to the philosophers to ponder. The truth to those unanswerable questions are neither here nor there to my mind & will no-doubt be realised once one reaches Enlightenment.

Since then I'm called every now & again to clear negative entities that have run off the religious & the delusional.

Quite often I'm not even sure what I'm dealing with, so I use the term 'negative entity'.

What they are exactly aren't necessary to perform my duties. It's one of the Divines creatures regardless & will be treated as such (although many do need to be put in their place like delinquent children)

In a sense, ignorance IS bliss :D

Don't get me wrong, I don't think theres any thing wrong with your approach. You work with what you understand, in the way the you understand it. If that helps people its great. Its the best we can do, yet.

Maybe my approach would have been different if I hadn't come from a science back ground!

I also had experience from a child, some times negative sometimes positive. My sanity also needed a response.I also studied. But nothing I read or saw convinced me any one 'knew' the answers.

So I accepted what is part of me on the understanding it can't be explained yet, and can make others uncomfortable because it can't. It wasn't totally unfamiliar to my Mothers side of the family, but still makes most of them uncomfortable.

I looked into paranormal research as a profession, but didn't like the approach here in Aust.

I still managed to convince my 'non spiritual' father based on effects and probability. I still think there are laws at work that can be measured because a lot of my experience involves measurable physical effects.

And study of physics is learning things that could begin to explain, If its used to look in that direction.

Edited by moosmum

Absolutely, I had to make sense of it from my perspective, from my experience, until I worked out an understanding that I was comfortable, that I could live with.

Until science finds the tools to measure the paranormal energies in a more tangible way, then they're flogging a dead horse.

On the spiritual side of things, superstitious preconceived nonsense often gets in the way.

And off-course, both sides are guilty of allowing egos to often obstruct the possibility of actually learning something new, or a different way of looking at things that a broader audience can accept.

When I went through my 'awakening', 2 different churches offered me a position on their clergy as their official 'Exorcist' (a title that I really don't care for - anyone can do what I do) until I was heard contradicting doctrine once too often :eek:

My parents have not spoken to me in 20 years because they say that I'm "lost to Satan". Sad, but that's what fear does to superstitious minds.