Doggy Time

twodoggies2001

When I take my boys to the park, I do it for them, just as much as I do it for myself. I have met some fantastic people there and the boys have also made some firm friends, some more favourite than others.To us it's quality time together. What I have noticed is that so many owners are constantly on their 'phones and really don't interact with either human or their dogs. Some just sit themselves down on the grass engrossed in their 'phone and of course their dog/s hang around them. What's the point of going? My boys and I do two rounds of the park and if they meet some of their friends they play with them too. I must admit, my 'phone is in my pocket, but it is there more for security than anything else.

I love the outings, and I know my furry friends do too.

I think some people have fallen out of love with their dog :( I see many people walking around staring at their phones, jerking their dogs away from things during the walk and then just letting them loose in the park and ignoring them some more

With the exception of cafes (where she gets attention from a lot of people anyways and loves it) I mostly take my dog places to engage with it, we play, we train and she gets to sniff lots of exciting news too

Back when we first got Scottie he'd spend as long as we let him at tge lark. Id often go & read a book, make a call or fo other things. I hsd to multi task or id have lost hours. I still try to take him for long sessions at the park but these days he prefers to chil more

Sometimes I think the 'phones, instead of being a social tool are actually anti-social. People going out together for coffee or whatever and not talking to each other, but all eyes on the dreaded 'phone

SO TRUE!

Most parks have signs stating that your dogs must be under effective control... and that cannot be achieved with your head down playing with your phone.

I'm not a fan of constantly being available to others, and unless I'm expecting a call or text, it is in my pocket and on silent.

I prefer face to face communication with others thank you!

T.