Male & Female Dogs, Something I Noticed..

Guest crazydoglady99

It's funny watching how the westie's mind works. As a pup he watched me paint for four weeks. Up and down the ladder. He was too teeny to get on the couch unassisted so one day dragged his bed to the end of the couch, propped it up against the edge then tried to walk up it like a ladder LOL he was a bit perplexed when it didn't work. I gave him a try on the real ladder but it was a bit scary :)

Overly excited ones it seems :D I'll stick to my many pairs of tits as long as I can lol

Tummy > chest lol

Lol you must be a very exciting belly rubber! I manage to rub my boys' tummies daily without lipsticks coming out :laugh:

Having said that I do love patting the smooth little girl bellies :D

Males - more sooky, more needy, easier to tell them what to do.

Females - more independent, more stubborn , smarter

This. 100000 million trillion times this. True of the almost all the dogs Ive had in my life except for maybe the Entire Jack Russell boy.

I didnt bold smarter. I dont agree with that so much :)

Edited by Scottsmum

I find females to be sharper, loyal and much more protective.

Cooper is the first male I have ever had and I don't know if it is just him, but he is a total sook and very dopey.

They both stick to me like snot to a blanket but I think I will only have males in the future.

I've had 5 girls and 2 boys of the same breed (well, one was a very similar breed to the others) and while each one has been very different from the others, the girls have definitely been more affectionate than the boys. Small sample size though so who knows!

I've had many of each and not noticed a difference overall that I could put down to sex and not just the individual.

I think that females might be more intense generaly tho', and more pro active where males are more likely to accept things as they are, or let go when its done.

Edited by moosmum

I have a male and female of the same breed. They share the same dam. You could not ask for two totally different dogs.

Fern is non stop, busy all the time. She is waste of space at obedience, it's like right, I have done that, move on. BUT, give her a scent to find or follow and she is phenomenal. She is never far from me and loves a sleep in.

Jeff is laid back and for 5 months old is pretty darn good at obedience. He concentrates for long periods and is focused. He is snuggly and sits quietly, while his mad sister is finding things to do. BUT, once the sun is up so is he.