Puppy Photos

Paul777

Hey everyone.

I've been asked by several DOLers to provide photos of my pup Zagan.

I'm fairly new to computers & can't figure out how to download pics from phone to computer (some stupid unhelpful ad for an app appears)

So if anyone REALLY wants to see pics of Zagan (& prove he's not a figment of my imagination) the only way possible is to txt pics to someones mobile & they could download?

Just a thought, if someone has the time on their hands & help a computer dumb-dumb out it would be most appreciated :)

Hey everyone.

I'm fairly new to computers & can't figure out how to download pics from phone to computer (some stupid unhelpful ad for an app appears)

So if anyone REALLY wants to see pics of Zagan (& prove he's not a figment of my imagination) the only way possible is to txt pics to someones mobile & they could download?

Just a thought, if someone has the time on their hands & help a computer dumb-dumb out it would be most appreciated :)

Hi Paul, I'm not very cluey with this stuff either but one suggestion is you could email the pics from your phone to yourself and then download them to your computer that way. Good luck!

Hey everyone.

Hi Paul, I'm not very cluey with this stuff either but one suggestion is you could email the pics from your phone to yourself and then download them to your computer that way. Good luck!

I never thought of that. I have noticed that my phone has that function. I'll give that a go later this evening.

Thanks for the tip :)

If it's anything besides an apple you can plug a usb cable into it and your computer and use it like an external drive or send it over via Bluetooth once again only if it's not an apple.

You can do the same thing for an iPhone, provided you only want to access photos and videos taken with the phone camera - just plug into the computer using the USB cord, access the phone as an external drive and from there access all photos and videos in the library :) That's how I get all of my photos off of my phone.

Can't access anything else, like music, etc - only photos and videos.

I created Photobucket account so I simply upload photos straight to this from my phone.

In Photobucket you can view the photo, click 'copy link' and paste that straight in to Dogzonline. Sooo easy!

If I want to use the computer I use a gmail email address (opens where ever you can access the internet) and I email the photo to myself.

I still upload it to Photobucket and use the copy link feature though. If you use the Dogzonline insert photo process you are limited by size so using photobucket saves having to resize photos to fit. Plus photobucket offers a huge amount of space for photo storage so you have a double backup.

I've found old photos on Photobucket which I've cleared off my phone to give me room back which is really handy. :)

Edited by Roova

If it's anything besides an apple you can plug a usb cable into it and your computer and use it like an external drive or send it over via Bluetooth once again only if it's not an apple.

You can do the same thing for an iPhone, provided you only want to access photos and videos taken with the phone camera - just plug into the computer using the USB cord, access the phone as an external drive and from there access all photos and videos in the library :) That's how I get all of my photos off of my phone.

Can't access anything else, like music, etc - only photos and videos.

same here :)

If you have Facebook, I upload mine from the phone to Facebook, (usually I use the only I can see private option) then save them to my desktop, then get them for uploading on here.

Have you looked at the 'Help with attaching files' down below this window? I think you have to have the enable file upload ticked, I vaguely remember having to change that the first time I put up a picture.

I created Photobucket account so I simply upload photos straight to this from my phone.

In Photobucket you can view the photo, click 'copy link' and paste that straight in to Dogzonline. Sooo easy!

If I want to use the computer I use a gmail email address (opens where ever you can access the internet) and I email the photo to myself.

I still upload it to Photobucket and use the copy link feature though. If you use the Dogzonline insert photo process you are limited by size so using photobucket saves having to resize photos to fit. Plus photobucket offers a huge amount of space for photo storage so you have a double backup.

I've found old photos on Photobucket which I've had to clear out of my phone to give myself photos back which is really handy. :)

I do the same with Flikr - send photos from my phone to my flickr account them grab the link (they give you a bbs option to post here) and put photos up that way :)

I've found old photos on Photobucket which I've had to clear out of my phone to give myself photos back which is really handy. :)

I do the same with Flikr - send photos from my phone to my flickr account them grab the link (they give you a bbs option to post here) and put photos up that way :)

I’ve been using Photobucket for years, but it is so slow :( .

However because of Avanti’s suggestion, I emailed a couple of photographs from my phone to myself and then saved them in downloads and then did a test in the Test Forum. It worked except the photos appear sideways :laugh: :laugh: Any suggestions?

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/268210-testing-photo/

post-1031-0-87573900-1483453005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

I think it's because you took them sideways on your phone, ie landscape?

You may have to manually rotate it on your phone, save it and then upload?

Im not sure if it's a iPhone or any phone thing though...

I take all my photos in landscape and have no issues with uploading

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I created Photobucket account .... In Photobucket you can view the photo, click 'copy link' and paste that straight in to Dogzonline. Sooo easy! .....I've found old photos on Photobucket which I've cleared off my phone ....

Yes I have some old shots in the 'Bucket that were lost in various computer melt-downs. Likewise Smugmug which I like a bit better than Photobucket, they are more alike now than they started out, both easy for uploading to dol.

Paul77 a PhotoBucket account is free, - (and easy step by step talk-through).

I take all my photos in landscape and have no issues with uploading

I have a vague feeling that I might have pressed the “square” option for those pix of the succulents. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Thank-you everyone for your suggestions & tips.

I tried last night to e-mail from phone to laptop but baulked because I had to set up an e-mail account on the phone.

Can one post from ones own e-mail account from phone to computer to the same e-mail, or do I have to set up a different e-mail account on my phone to enable sending from one to the other?

In the meantime, I'll try PhotoBucket tonight or tomorrow, time permitting.

Thanks again : )