Do You Feed Eggs To Your Puppies?

Stitch

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, persephone said:

was it a worry about Salmonella?

No, more a non-acceptance in some nutrition research circles of all the stuff we read (credible research and otherwise) that talks of vitamin uptake/non-uptake between egg yolk and egg white, and whether one counteracts the effect of the other (or not) and the possible cause of imbalance of other food and the tiny amounts that might throw everything out of whack anyway.  I didn't take it all on board, just accepted that benefits of feeding them could be outweighed by safety on not feeding eggs, and took the advice to give them a miss.

I find "no eggs" just as easy as "ad lib eggs" to manage.  I cannot be bothered finding a middle road though of one just now and then: what they don't get they don't ask for.  (They both still look good for 16ish). 

• 3 weeks later...

Like anything, it's best to feed them raw. Shell and all. An egg is a perfectly balanced meal in itself buy if you only feed bits of it  then it can throw omegas etc off balance (at one stage there was someone preaching that they should only get the egg whites, or only the yolk, something like that, and it got proven wrong).

If I had my own chooks my dogs would be getting an egg every day! I have some that will eat the shell but the others I crush it and mix it through their food or blend the whole egg with veggies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be OK  to Scramble 2 eggs and feed as one meal, no milk used.

I like PANDI  to eat  different  foods each day

I think it would be good for her Immune System,  not to be on 1 food only. i'ts  fun  finding different foods she can eat safely 

49 minutes ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

Would it be OK  to Scramble 2 eggs and feed as one meal, no milk used.

I like PANDI  to eat  different  foods each day

I think it would be good for her Immune System,  not to be on 1 food only. i'ts  fun  finding different foods she can eat safely 

One egg would be enough for a little pup , I think.Add to some meat or kibble for a filling meal , maybe ?

• Like 1