52/2017

Scottsmum

Week 8 - theme was Technical - One Shot. As the name suggests take only one shot, choose your settings wisely and try and get The Shot in one shot.
I probably should have gone for an inanimate object so I could be sure it wouldn't move but I decided to shoot my favourite model instead :)

For Roova and anyone else interested in settings I'll try and remember to add details to my posts. :)

F2.8 1/500s ISO 200 105mm

IMG_0911.thumb.JPG.b7d8b27046e52a06f86901c00c0c84ad.JPG

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Roova said:

Cute monkey denali, the DOF looks really interesting!   Its a shame we can't see camera selections made when looking at photos on here.

It is very highly cropped, and not sure what the rest of the specs are but its f2.8 :)
Shot with my 70-200mm (this lens is new, i bought it for this trip, and I LOVE it)

Edited by denali

@teekay you model is beautiful with the richest coloured eyes!  Thank you for your camera settings too, it always helps to know what an expert thought to use, although I know there's waaay more to a good photo than what the camera is set to.

@denali a new 70-200 f2.8 whoo hoo!!  That's an exciting event, let alone using it on a trip haha.  I have a crappy one I was using on the weekend and I felt like every breath made the camera shake lol.  Are you hand holding or going between this and a tripod? 

My photo for the week just gone is of an interaction I saw in a neighbours yard.  A Kookaburra was using an aerial to take a look around but a local peewee was not happy to have him there.  Notice the ugly ass phone tower we now have to enjoy the view of and it's not even that close to us :(  

week6.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roova said:

@teekay you model is beautiful with the richest coloured eyes!  Thank you for your camera settings too, it always helps to know what an expert thought to use, although I know there's waaay more to a good photo than what the camera is set to.

@denali a new 70-200 f2.8 whoo hoo!!  That's an exciting event, let alone using it on a trip haha.  I have a crappy one I was using on the weekend and I felt like every breath made the camera shake lol.  Are you hand holding or going between this and a tripod? 

Love my 70-200 (which was what the above shot was taken with) but, yep it's heavy, and I do struggle with camera shake. (unfortunately mine doesn't have the image stabilization ). I do tend to try and keep the shutter speed nice and high, raising ISO if needed, which helps. I also get quite out of breath when I'm doing a shoot with lots of shots because I hold my breath as I take the shot :laugh:

And thanks, Roova, for calling me an expert. Made my day :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, persephone said:

Smoke's halo.

16830759_10154496632724007_2538377499273

Smoke....or a local wolf you happened to get a shot of lol?   What a gorgeous shot!

@Scottsmum you parks are waaaaay nicer the ones I have around me!    Is that a wild flower or something deliberately planted?

Edited by Roova
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Roova said:

Smoke....or a local wolf you happened to get a shot of lol?   What a gorgeous shot!

@Scottsmum you parks are waaaaay nicer the ones I have around me!    Is that a wild flower or something deliberately planted?

@Roova - It's a weed growing on a rubbish heap :rofl: Oh edit - meant to say earlier - great bird shot :) Such characters to watch

And @persephone - I haven't seen Smoke in ages. Gorgeous boy!

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 1

May I add another?

This was taken on that awful, awful  hot day last week - I had sprinklers going, and hoses dribbling for the birds , these two spiny cheeked honeyeaters were almost literally at last gasp :(

click on it to see larger...

16684210_10154468762529007_2699559785120

Edited by persephone
  • Like 1