52/2017

Scottsmum

2 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

Nice Canisbellum - is this shot using anything you gained from the astrophotography workshop - was it useful for normal gear or only for advanced equipment?

Just need a wide lens, fast is better. That was taken during the workshop There were people there with 750D Canons and the kit 18 to 55 lens. I used my 12-24 F4 Sigma on my 5Dmk4 and in hindsight I should have used about 17mm as I couldn't use more than 15second shutter speed due to star trails forming in the corners. It also forced me to bump up the ISO's.That pic was at F4 15S and ISO 3500 or so.

I will be trying again zooming in until I can use a 30 second shutter and lower the ISO also want to give my F2.8 24 to 70 a go and see what the field of view looks like. The guy running the workshop uses a Tokina or Samyang 14mm on a Nikon D750 and takes stunning pics

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 1:33 PM, persephone said:

#22 ? 

An absolutely gorgeous morning ..a crisp -3 deg ..my type of weather .Smartphone & I went gathering dry wood for a fire :)

Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Looking very green (in parts) Perse. 

• Like 1

Something NOT 5 minutes from home! Yay!

35064738805_5a73e69008_b.jpg

Popped out to a little town/hamlet/settlement 30 mins out of town in the opposite direction to me the other day and discovered this gorgeous little deco lookout.  It was just adorable. The view was lovely, rolling green hills and sheep - but this little building just spoke to me.  An easy inclusion on the family tour drive for all subsequent visitors. 

Edited to add: Straight off the fairly old smart phone.  No editing. Look at that sky! We don't get those stunning clear days as often as I would like, but when we do holy smokes they're killer!

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 4

This week my photo is of some plaster tiles I'm working on. I've made lots of mistakes so far but it's fun and getting easier.  :)

20170611_182302_zpsz3j2ppvw.jpg

Edited by Roova
  • Like 2

Thanks Perse!    Its super easy and cheap too.  I printed images from the Internet and printed them for .75+c a pop at Office works. Made a batch of plaster which is cheap from Bunnings or Stacks etc then spray a mould with cooking spray.  Imagine is placed face down, plaster is poured on top and a hook placed in the back before the plaster sets in a few minutes.  Then whala!  In an hour or so  you can pop it out of the mould and 24 hours later its completely dry.   I edited the pic above to show some smaller ones Im doing next but I think I like the larger ones.  At the beginning I made mistakes by forgetting the hook until too late to push in the plaster and I cleverly managed to put some hooks in upside down because I forgot which way I faced my image lol.   I got the idea from seeing tiles in a homewares store which were $150 each!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roova said:

Thanks Perse!    Its super easy and cheap too.  I printed images from the Internet and printed them for .75+c a pop at Office works. Made a batch of plaster which is cheap from Bunnings or Stacks etc then spray a mould with cooking spray.  Imagine is placed face down, plaster is poured on top and a hook placed in the back before the plaster sets in a few minutes.  Then whala!  In an hour or so  you can pop it out of the mould and 24 hours later its completely dry.   I edited the pic above to show some smaller ones Im doing next but I think I like the larger ones.  At the beginning I made mistakes by forgetting the hook until too late to push in the plaster and I cleverly managed to put some hooks in upside down because I forgot which way I faced my image lol.   I got the idea from seeing tiles in a homewares store which were $150 each!  

They're awesome!  Good job clever clogs!

Trying to get back on track with the Dowood challenge

Theme: Backyard, give us a glimpse of your life.

My backyard is my dog's playground so I had to include them :)

Not the sharpest of shots but moving dogs in low light isn't the easiest lol.FB_IMG_1496472583343.thumb.jpg.a8a714f613575b31b3493ccb2e8ff6cd.jpg

• Like 5