52/2017

Scottsmum

9 hours ago, Roova said:

Wow...those necks!

I know right! I got a better neck shot but deleted it because the closer one had a fuzzy head. 

8 hours ago, persephone said:

Lovely swans :)

I adore them. 

Someone was telling me tge other day swans were native to both Oz & NZ but all the kiwi ones were killed / died off so they imported a heap back in from us.

• Like 2

I remember as a kid watching a ewe give birth to triplets, mostly from an upright position and done pretty quickly. A huge white thing wriggling then falling to the ground. I was so shocked it's stuck with me forever lol

Do you often have straight white lambs born to a dark woolled father?

Sorry Autumn is about to have his thunder stolen with a cute new arrival :laugh:

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:16 AM, Roova said:

.... Do you often have straight white lambs born to a dark woolled father? .... 

Where is Frodo's Mum these days, haven't seen her posts for ages?.  She was breeding coloured sheep and did get some white lambs - that was a few years ago,  before we had sheep here.  We only have lambs from one other ewe and the black lad, - they are wicked jet black twins, ten months old now and naughty as. 

• Like 4

I love a blue sky with a white Moon - there was one this morning.

P1040879C-M.jpg

So the apple blossom was lit by sunlight and moonlight.

P1040882A-M.jpg

The little orchard is hanging on, but the trees should be twice the size now - just not enough rain or spare water.  The ducks like it though.

P1040890A-M.jpg

• Like 3