52/2017

Scottsmum

Some alpacas missed out on shearing last year,  so this year we have booked them to be done at a nearby stud so we don't get let down (twice) again.  It was good in a way because winter has been bitter and they went into it with good cover, we didn't need to worry about the "Sheep grazier alerts".  Hermione is a very don't touch me, leave food and don't bother me alpaca, she is not going to enjoy being caught and clipped one little bit.

"Did someone say shearer:  quick, stand in front of me kids, they mightn't notice me".

P1050305A-M.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I've been busy helping my Dad who has Dementia and other health issues.  My siblings and I had to move over 1000 mechanical engineering items from Dad's shed\shop out to a front paddock for a massive auction.  Hardest I've ever worked!  This picture is a small glimpse of the setup which is the same distance running behind me and out of sight on the right.  We had 50 trestle tables and when they ran out items were put on the ground.  We had as much as possible under tarps because of the constant threat of rain -

26404992559_a56f9ff06e.jpg20171025_185816 by Rachel Wallis, on Flickr

An interesting tree in a park we found.  I manged to lose my phone in the park and had it conveniently set to silent so couldn't ring it. I spent two hours that night and driving back the following morning trying to find it again.. and  did, thank GOD!

37717291094_8fe9582020.jpg2017-11-15_05-07-58 by Rachel Wallis, on Flickr

My favourite bird Keeko.  She's a crimson belly conure and after breakfast she likes snoozing in the sun while she warms up.

37717293864_c9ef24b751.jpg2017-11-15_05-09-01 by Rachel Wallis, on Flickr

Some nasturtiums which have popped up in the garden.  I haven't planted them for years but they keep coming back.  Im pretty sure I planted one colour but there's five different ones I counted this year.  Not quite sure how that happens!

24560623568_fdbbd19019.jpg2017-11-15_05-09-23 by Rachel Wallis, on Flickr

These are all taken on my phone because my big camera has been sadly neglected.  I hope they don't enlarge to blurry.

Edited by Roova
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Roova said:

....  on my phone because my big camera has been sadly neglected.  ....

That's been me for the past two years with the bad arm.  Just getting the Nikons sorted out to use again, might have to start weight training.  They are great shots Roova, very emotive the first one, and finding a phone, what's all that about, nobody finds their lost phone.

I'll never catch up for this year, but will chip away.

Arnold coming up from a drink

"How you doin' little rabbit, you're up late?"

Bunny: Well actually I don't feel too good.

It is harrowing to see so many rabbits with myxie, this one isn't showing signs yet, except sitting out in the late morning when it should be in bed.

P1050195A-M.jpg

Swallows.  As the water dries they find the soft mud at the water-line just right for nest building.  Seems late in the season, maybe repairs for next year.  Little mud-filled bills as they load up and fly off.

P1050216A-M.jpg

And there's always someone doing a "lazy man's load" and drops most of it.

P1050199A-M.jpg

• Like 2

Poor widdle rabbit, I know they're a pest but it must be a terrible illness ☹️

Love your swallow shots! Takes me back to my childhood when I used to ride my horse to a friends along rail road tracks. I'd always see swallows building huge banks of nests in the big concrete drains.

• Like 1

46:

Mountain of love & gifts from the work family.

Haul

47:

The reason for "illness",  absence from DOL & life in general in 2017.

Turns out growing 5kgs of baby is hard yakka.

2017-11-25_03-07-21

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zena's mum said:

Yes, please. Waiting for all info :clap:

George John.

Decided to arrive late & was "evicted with force" (ceaser) 11 days over due.

Weighing in at 4.95kg (just over 10lb in the old scale) I'm mostly glad I didnt labor with him. 

Not sure how long he is as the midwife on duty that night said they dont measure that??? So Ill deal with that when we're home. 

Super chill Lil guy. Appears to take after his Dad. :)

Oh. And to come back on topic. I've been very generously gifted a dslr which I collect in Feb - so Ill probably be back here next yeat..

Edited by Scottsmum
  • Like 4