52/2017

Scottsmum

SM he is sooooo cute. Love all the colours. Nice to see a Bub all wrapped up and cuddly. It’s a bit different here. I have taken on babysitting duties twice a week of my friends 5 month old baby boy. I put him down for a sleep the other day wearing just a nappy. 34 degrees here !!! 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, Zena's mum said:

SM he is sooooo cute. Love all the colours. Nice to see a Bub all wrapped up and cuddly. It’s a bit different here. I have taken on babysitting duties twice a week of my friends 5 month old baby boy. I put him down for a sleep the other day wearing just a nappy. 34 degrees here !!! 

Rarely hits 25 here! :eek:

• Confused 1

Can't quite believe we're here.

52: 

2017-12-31_08-38-20

One of Scotties favorite walking spots, the lagoon. Always full of ducks & other waterbirds. If you look very closely there's actually a family of swans, including 3 Cygnets in there.

• Like 6

Will find two from this morning - so have done start and finish, just fell off the swing for the middle bit.

Bunny - from two sides - he was so close he didn't know which way to run for a moment.

P1050815A-M.jpg

P1050816A-M.jpg

We might get our first pomegranates this summer: but I just noticed the piece of 'honeycomb' in the top right - don't know if it's wild bees in the pomegranate shrub or a piece of plastic packing that's blown into it - will investigate in the morning.

P1050848A-M.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roova said:

Happy New year everyone! Can't believe we got to the end year, great achievement!

https://flic.kr/p/234bQZ6

Arrrgh I cannot work out how to insert the photo not just the link!

Gorgeous Roova. 

As for the image - its something to do with the link.... which I'll struggle to explain. I think you have to have the images in an album ??? 

3 hours ago, Roova said:

Thanks to you too @Scottsmumand thanks for starting the thread!

Are you up for another one this year? Would love to see your bub throughout the year?

Yep.  Was just waiting to get on the lap top to post it - too hard on the phone. 

35 minutes ago, PossumCorner said:

Yes I  was thinking the same, just fairly open again, no challenges or particular themes.  Except yours Scottsmum: it would be a lovely 'first year' record of bub, birthday Christmas and all.  No pressure, well maybe just a little.

:)  Dunno about that PC - I'm a bit conflicted about having him all over the internet.  I mean, obviously I have posted him and he's on facebook too - it's hard being away from family and friends - they've already missed out on so much of him.  But I am super conscious that I got to grow up without being plastered all over the net.  All my embarrassing photos are safely away in an album or have been lost to time.  He might just have to make guest appearances every so often. 

Either way, stay tuned for the new thread. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, PossumCorner said:

Din' think of that - forehead slap.  Of course it's relevant, I don't even like potentially embarrassing baby shots trotted out at 21st birthdays (my usual mantra, the basis of all humour is cruelty).

I wouldn't even pop things up I think were super embarrassing - unless you could the incredibly old man cardigans I've been dressing him in LOL. But I had a really interesting conversation with a colleague who was also a primary school teacher a few years ago about letting kids decide how they portray themselves on the internet.  We get that choice as the first generation, but we're taking it away from our kids. It's something I'm trying to navigate. It's an interesting one - and one I'm not quite getting right - but we'll see how the year unfolds.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottsmum said:

I wouldn't even pop things up I think were super embarrassing - unless you could the incredibly old man cardigans I've been dressing him in LOL. But I had a really interesting conversation with a colleague who was also a primary school teacher a few years ago about letting kids decide how they portray themselves on the internet.  We get that choice as the first generation, but we're taking it away from our kids. It's something I'm trying to navigate. It's an interesting one - and one I'm not quite getting right - but we'll see how the year unfolds.  

yeah..but take pics  of bub like I take pics of littlies ..just  a chubby hand ...or an ear ..or curls, or little shoes /back of head/buttons on cardigans ..maybe with an arm in sleeve - shows a lot of what is delicious about babies/kids , without being identifiable , and with no face .... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, persephone said:

yeah..but take pics  of bub like I take pics of littlies ..just  a chubby hand ...or an ear ..or curls, or little shoes /back of head/buttons on cardigans ..maybe with an arm in sleeve - shows a lot of what is delicious about babies/kids , without being identifiable , and with no face .... :)

Oh I'm taking lots and i'm sure once I'm not pinned to the couch feeding him 52 hours a day ;) I will get more creative.  That or when he becomes mobile all I can manage is blurs...  :)

Scottsdad commented on how many photos of G were on my phone the other day.  I said the funny thing was my camer roll was basically Scott, scott, scott... huge gap... George :laugh:

• Haha 2