NSW Central Coast/Hunter/Newcastle

DeltaCharlie

Just wondering how many DOLers we have from around these areas? I moved to Port Stephens a few years ago but I'm now living at Bonnells Bay (and frantically searching for a new place to rent in the next month). I haven't lived near the Lake Mac/ Central Coast area for long and haven't really explored it very thoroughly with the dogs.

I thought it might be good to have a thread where we can discuss local dog places for others to check out (mine love swimming), and nice people places too! 

So, who else is around?

• Like 1

We're in the Maitland area :)

On Instagram there is a group called the "Cute Dogs Club" I think haha. There are a bunch of local dogs and dog owners and the person who I believe started the group, Rocco a cavalier & his owner, often posts details for events, meet ups/play days and dog friendly beaches/parks :) 

If you're interested PM me on here and I can give you the details and try to add you! 

Edited by Scrappi&Monty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

We're in the Maitland area :)

On Instagram there is a group called the "Cute Dogs Club" I think haha. There are a bunch of local dogs and dog owners and the person who I believe started the group, Rocco a cavalier & his owner, often posts details for events, meet ups/play days and dog friendly beaches/parks :) 

If you're interested PM me on here and I can give you the details and try to add you! 

That sounds good :) I don't really know many people in the area so it would be great to get out and meet some people and their dogs. I have an instagram account but have only ever used it to put filters on my photos haha so not sure how to actually use it. My account is berocca2000 if that helps :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm in Warners Bay. Spend a lot of my time around the esplanade between Elebana and Speers Point walking the dog on lead. Off lead at Croudace Bay, Hams Beach and Red Head Beach. My boys pretty big and a little intimidating so most other dog owners tend to stay away or recall their dogs when they see us coming. He's a big softy though and is dog friendly, he either ignores or gets super excited and wants to play.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone been to check out the new fenced dog park in Speers Point? I drove past and it looks like it might be open for use.

Update: Posted too soon. Not open yet. Drove past yesterday and had seen the fence was up but taking a look today they are still working in the fenced off area. Anyone know when it is supposed to be open?

Here's a link to the area showing the dog park for those who are unsure where it is located.

speers-point-park-upgrade-works-map.jpg

Edited by SeeEmArgh
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ive been checking regularly as I drive past, but the new fenced off lead area at Speeds Point is still not open. I had been hoping it was going to be open by now. 

They have been working on levelling out the field and the area has been completely re-grassed. There's a covered seating area now plus other benches and water fountains, but there is no sign of any agility equipment like I thought (or read?) there might be. Oh well, will keep checking but it looks like this might be something completed in the new year.

By the way, the Speers Point upgrade looks amazing.

• Like 1