dogs and art and art galleries

Mrs Rusty Bucket

The National Art Gallery in Canberra and the Portrait Gallery (Old Parliament house) hosted some sort of dogs and art bring your dog... event...

"The National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery will open up their grounds to dogs on January 21 for Paws for Art, a dog day out to tie in with the Versailles: Treasures from the Palace exhibition. "

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/paws-for-art-day-at-the-national-gallery-of-australia-and-national-portrait-gallery-20170116-gts43n.html

did anyone go? 

Plus Port Elliot on Fleurieu Peninsula is planning one on April 29th (which unfortunately clashes with an agility trial so I won't be there).

Port Elliot Dog art show 2017 april 29th.jpg

We were very keen to go - but Charlotte has not recovered from her cruciate surgery and is even bitchier than usual to people when she's being pushed in her pram.

I'm going to the regular exhibition so hopefully will still hear about the dogs of Versailles :)

CleoJ went :) not sure if she's still on DOL much

We were very keen to go - but Charlotte has not recovered from her cruciate surgery and is even bitchier than usual to people when she's being pushed in her pram.

I'm going to the regular exhibition so hopefully will still hear about the dogs of Versailles :)

CleoJ went :) not sure if she's still on DOL much

eta: here's an article after the day: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/dogs-dress-up-for-paws-for-art-at-national-gallery-of-australias-versailles-20170121-gtvzxq.html