Doggy Bags...anyone tried them ??

sheena

Yes I have tried the largest size with my Borzois. The idea is good and I think they would be good for small dogs - just zip them in and put them in the car. I also tried it with my Lappie and struggled slightly with the zip and her huge coat - the zip started at the back so had to get a friend to flatten her coat as I zipped. I have photos somewhere I will try and load them.

3 minutes ago, sparkycat said:

Yes I have tried the largest size with my Borzois. The idea is good and I think they would be good for small dogs - just zip them in and put them in the car. I also tried it with my Lappie and struggled slightly with the zip and her huge coat - the zip started at the back so had to get a friend to flatten her coat as I zipped. I have photos somewhere I will try and load them.

Did they work the way they described???  Any trouble washing the bags, as I imagine if not washed regularly they would start to smell.

The fabric is the same as the quick dry towels - microfibre so it would be easy to wash and dry. The fabric was absorbent and did get the sand off - our dogs had just come off the beach and were very wet and sanding.  Our dogs were really placid and didn't care what we did but I can imagine some dogs may not like the idea of being zipped into a bag.

I do think they would work well for smaller dogs but there is no way I could get a Borzoi into a car if it was in a bag and it would be equally difficult to get the bag around a huge dog once it was in the car.

We were lent one to try so I am not involved with the sale of them.

13 minutes ago, sparkycat said:

The fabric is the same as the quick dry towels - microfibre so it would be easy to wash and dry. The fabric was absorbent and did get the sand off - our dogs had just come off the beach and were very wet and sanding.  Our dogs were really placid and didn't care what we did but I can imagine some dogs may not like the idea of being zipped into a bag.

I do think they would work well for smaller dogs but there is no way I could get a Borzoi into a car if it was in a bag and it would be equally difficult to get the bag around a huge dog once it was in the car.

We were lent one to try so I am not involved with the sale of them.

We bought a bag of microfibre towels which we use on Scottie - Don't know that I'd bother with a whole bag for him (not that I have tried the product :)

20 minutes ago, Scottsmum said:

We bought a bag of microfibre towels which we use on Scottie - Don't know that I'd bother with a whole bag for him (not that I have tried the product :)

That was my thought too - I guess the bag would help keep a car clean - free of sand or dirt.

Used similar when I was field trialing spaniels.  They are really good particularly if the dog is hot,wet and tired as they dry off as they travel home in the car. Just leave them in the bag and they are clean and dry by the time you get home!

I was thinking more of using it to dry off my dogs when we are camping or at home after they have been in the pool.  Probably not all that many times I would use it in the car.  Can any one recommend a really good quality mf towel??  These bags are $99 each plus $16.50 postage, so if I could get a couple of towels made out of the same stuff.

How do you keep your dog from trying to step forward, treading into the fabric and falling onto their faces? (and then freaking out, tearing their way out of the bag and fleeing for their lives) I can't imagine any of mine would sit still while I zipped them into a sack.

This kind of reminds me of those bizarre poo harnesses- in theory it solves the problem but in reality, is it actually all that practical?

Edited by Maddy

1 hour ago, JulesP said:

I have a couple of the Surf Dog robes. They are pretty good for drying and reducing mess. 

beachrobes.jpg

I have a few of these too. The shape is pretty generous so most of the dog is covered and they're easy to put on. Also, it's not a dog sack, so there's that.IMG_20160518_181900.jpg

4 hours ago, Maddy said:

How do you keep your dog from trying to step forward, treading into the fabric and falling onto their faces? (and then freaking out, tearing their way out of the bag and fleeing for their lives) I can't imagine any of mine would sit still while I zipped them into a sack.

This kind of reminds me of those bizarre poo harnesses- in theory it solves the problem but in reality, is it actually all that practical?

You tell your dog to sit and stay !!     then lift it into its crate in the car.  If it has been working all day there is no problem.

I never bought one, just made them myself.  In those days, old mail bags were popular.  It really is a most efficient system for drying off, wet dirty dogs.