Doggy Bags...anyone tried them ??

sheena

15 hours ago, JRG said:

You tell your dog to sit and stay !!     then lift it into its crate in the car.  If it has been working all day there is no problem.

I never bought one, just made them myself.  In those days, old mail bags were popular.  It really is a most efficient system for drying off, wet dirty dogs.

So.. you tell a greyhound to sit (assuming it can and assuming being zipped into a sack doesn't scare it) and then you "just" lift your 35kgs of dog it into a crate that you have in the back of your car for the purpose of containing your be-sacked dog? 

I really think that this is a perfect example of an overworked solution- it creates its own problems while really not being much quicker or more efficient than any of the other solutions on offer

I once put our Kelpie into a duffle bag with just his head poking out as I needed to transport him in our taxi without getting it dirty. He was happy to sit in the bag in the passenger foot well :laugh:, only a short distance, but it worked. Wish I had taken a photo of him, but it was before mobile phones had cameras!

I have the Surf Dog robes also. I don't know how I ever lived without one. Breeze goes swimming quite regularly, I just wrap her up in the robe, pop her in the car, and she's dry by the time we get home!

IMG_6302.JPG

Edited by silentchild

52 minutes ago, Scootaloo said:

Why would you need one for a Greyhound exactly? They take barely 10 minutes to air-dry :laugh:

I'd love one for my Aussies. They're used to having to sit still to be blow-dried & fiddled with. But at the moment we're kinda busy just affording other things haha.

Because thick river mud is not quite the same thing as water.

And if it is just water, chuck a towel on the back seat of the car, it's not a problem that requires a huge dog sack.