Purebreds!

denali

Promoting Pure Breeds - is a job for all breeders of all breeds.

We have run 3 Meet and Greets in January - had 20 groups of people - We did not have any pups due for about 5 weeks - in fact we didn't even have the pregnancy confirmed yet) - so it is not about selling pups as we told them all that there is no guarantee that we can have pups for them but happy to help them in their research. We are also able to recommend if perhaps another breed might suit them.

This is a chance for them to come meet the dogs (not cute puppies) and see if this is a breed for them. To learn about the adult dogs and what is involved in breeding, feeding and also a chance for us to educate them about how the ANKC works with health testing and what shows, obedience comps etc are all about....

We see this as a public service to help improve the image of breeders with the public and the side issue is that we get the chance to meet great people and learn about them so we can source the right homes when we do have pups.

Remember : People we can influence to see that breeders of pedigree dogs are helpful and working to improve - Now have some information to help them when discussions about dogs come up with work colleagues or family. Every one you influence can effectively influence 10 others.....

• Like 2

On 09/02/2017 at 0:10 PM, mita said:

Good point about the attractions for dog-napping & resale.  Local police issued a warning not to leave small, attractive breeds (didn't specify p/b or mixed...just attractive) visible & accessible to passing people.  A gang was going around stealing small dogs like this for resale.

Where abouts was this?!?!?

A 14wk old black pug puppy was stolen at knifepoint last night near Sydney Olympic Park!! 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it to resell him for thousands of $$$. 

11 hours ago, Scrappi&Monty said:

Where abouts was this?!?!?

A 14wk old black pug puppy was stolen at knifepoint last night near Sydney Olympic Park!! 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it to resell him for thousands of $$$. 

It was a couple of years back in a north-western suburb of Brisbane.

That case of the pug puppy being stolen was posted on our tibbie pet owners list.   Horrible.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mita said:

It was a couple of years back in a north-western suburb of Brisbane.

That case of the pug puppy being stolen was posted on our tibbie pet owners list.   Horrible.    

Oh ok. So not a case of a specific repeat offender but just the fact some people are horrible and heartless. :( 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12 February 2017 at 11:00 AM, Scrappi&Monty said:

Oh ok. So not a case of a specific repeat offender but just the fact some people are horrible and heartless. :( 

We now know this was a bogus report - owner admitted that the dog died... Often there is more information than we know... so sometimes worth waiting to see what the true story is.

• Like 1

Lots of bull breeds, SWF and mixes around my new area, but thankfully I haven't seen any grotesque toad-legged 'amstaffs' around, a few gorgeous BCs get walked around here.

I always am so happy to see a variety of breeds though.

Mixture here. Dachshunds are making a comeback. Oodles are still regarded by a lot of people here as great family pets, the ones I've seen at the park have been immaculately groomed, completely loopy and very very focussed on their humans.

Being rescue and seeing the total rubbishing purebred and non-rescue dogs get, I decided (something unpopular?) it was counter productive to make people feel small because of the kind of dog they chose so if people go get themselves any kind of appropriate breed they will look after and love forever then that's fine. :) 

Has anyone noticed how surprised people are when you know their purebred dog's breed? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

Has anyone noticed how surprised people are when you know their purebred dog's breed? 

I met a nova scotia duck tolling retriever and said "beautiful toller" 
His owner just about wet her pants with excitement that someone else knew the name of her breed :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, denali said:

I met a nova scotia duck tolling retriever and said "beautiful toller" 
His owner just about wet her pants with excitement that someone else knew the name of her breed :laugh:

:rofl:  love it.