Dog Food Poll

PANDI-GIRL

I have a super picky puppy does not eat dry food unless i use as treats or sometimes when in his kongs..if he's not just flicking it all out to make a mess... (tried 5 different premium dry foods then just stuck to raw) he only eats once sometimes twice a day (his choice not ours lol just not interested in multiple feedings he starts to graze... rather enjoys finding his food in toys than having set meals during the day but at night he eats between 5-530 currently he gets 65g beef mince, 3 chicken necks chopped up, and 8 chicken hearts OR 3 gibletts all mixed up in his bowl plus 2-3 days a week il chuck in some liver OR a whole raw egg shell all..he loves it.  also has some treats and kibble in kongs hidden around the yard every morning plus a marrow bone every 3days. Also just started him on some whole chicken wings for some dinners...Super shiny coat and very healthy lil pup 15weeks old.

My dog has had Big Dog Raw ever since she was a puppy with extras like eggs, sardines, Greek yogurt, lamb flaps, chicken necks, ziwi peak and k9 natural green tripe.  She can be a little hard to get to chew her bones but even going periods without them her teeth are still nice and clean which for her shape mouth (brachycephalic breed) is really good and says a lot for a raw diet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grizabella said:

Bella never had any enthusiasm for kibble at all, but since she absolutely loves Applaws. I assume because of the high meat content. I'm definitely happy with how well she's done on it.

I was looking at the  Applaws  food , it has quite a high fiber % ,  does that cause no problem for  Bella

2 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

I was looking at the  Applaws  food , it has quite a high fiber % ,  does that cause no problem for  Bella

No, she's been in great condition on it. I'm actually going to try and alternate with Frontier Pets, which I'd like to switch to completely but can't remotely afford. Will see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 schnauzer girls and feed them chicken necks, wings and fillets. Once a week a small amount of roo meat. Sardines, vegetables, rice and pasta. Cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. Plus some dry food. And bones at least twice a week. And whatever treats they can coax out of me. I believe in a big variety and fresh is best. I don't have any problems with what food I offer as schnauzers love food. All food. Lol

We are on grain free holistic select salmon, anchovy + raw + once a week chicken necks for teeth clean + eggs.

The two get green tripe and barf in various forms, mostly Canine Country stuff.

My elderly sophisticated lady will not eat junk food ie cans.

The grey bully gent is sooo into the unhealthy things - give me cans ie McDonals, give me cheesethings, give me bread.... anything in the 'rare' food category!

They seem to be happy and do well as long as I don't overdo the naughty treats.