Wings or Necks??

Stitch

I have a new sturdy wooden one now :laugh:

It was one of those white ones that are annoying; 5mm thick and worse than useless as the centre was dished in a little. It was the dog's chopping board and I always hated it.

so now I am glad glad glad

• Like 1

Oh my goodness I hate those white things B!   Remind me of my grandmother who loved white and plastic!  I have three wooden boards - one a huge Jarrah one I bought on eBay years ago and it stays permanently on the kitchen bench - brilliant board.  And I have two pieces of the old Darling Harbour I bought in Bellingen in the mid 90's.  I love my wooden boards - and they are so easy to keep clean.  

Edited by westiemum

Jarrah boards similar to mine here.  But they've gone up in price a lot since I bought mine 10 - 15 years ago - but other cheaper options look good too. Mine have lasted really well for years and years with daily use and have been worth the investment.

And before anyone jumps in, the research is divided on plastic v wood chopping boards. I'm out of the camp that says wooden boards have a natural disinfectant (if thats the right word) in them (UK research from memory), we have always had wooden boards without problem, we keep them clean (warm hot soapy water!). No need here for ten colours of disposable plastic boards which need replacing and add to landfill. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken necks and wings for my girls. I do chop them into bite size pieces though to prevent swallowing whole . I do know of a pup who swallowed one neck whole and ended up in surgery so please chop them people

• Like 1

I have big dogs and feed drumsticks sometimes. Mostly though I stock up on whole chickens when they are on special, cut them straight down the middle and they get half each. The per kilo price is similar to necks and wings but much meatier. 

Hey bushriver. I can't see any problems with drumsticks. What size dog are you feeding? I only have little ones and just in the habit of buying the wings and necks plus I also have a cat who eats them. Couldn't imagine her munching on a leg. Haha

Both my cats devour legs - but one got SEVERE constipation from the amount of bone.

They are technically weight bearing so are more likely to splinter. I generally buy Maryland which are cheap, cut off the leg (cook it for us or use as training treats), take the skin off the thigh and feed that whole. 

Edited by The Spotted Devil