Bent ear

Bushriver

I cannot get the photo of the puppy, but at between 8 and twelve weeks puppies start to teeth and that can take a couple of months, then every thing can be back to how they should be, that can play up with the ears, happens with Frenchies quite often,  if I could see the photo I could give a better opinion.

I have encountered this once before with my cousins dog. They rescued a dog that they later named Lefty because his left ear was bent. It hasn't been a problem for them at all and the dog is living a happy and healthy life. As for how it happened, no one is really sure but it has not changed or harmed the dog in anyways. Unfortunately this is all the information I have about the situation but I would love to hear what the cause is if you ever figure out the source. 

11 hours ago, Effieng Tonks said:

I have encountered this once before with my cousins dog. They rescued a dog that they later named Lefty because his left ear was bent. It hasn't been a problem for them at all and the dog is living a happy and healthy life. As for how it happened, no one is really sure but it has not changed or harmed the dog in anyways. Unfortunately this is all the information I have about the situation but I would love to hear what the cause is if you ever figure out the source. 

Very interesting. Was Lefty any particular breed or an unknown mix? Was his other ear a drop ear like a labrador  or a prick ear like a kelpie or folded like a shetland sheepdog?

1 hour ago, jemappelle said:

I rescued a pup who had prick ears that curled backward.  As he grew, they straightened.

I've had a GSD pup who's ears bent backwards and straightened to normal within a few weeks. Some of her puppies have had the same thing - they're quite small ears which pricked young too which seems strange. I'd expect it more with large soft ears