South Africa

Canisbellum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had never bothered to look in the 'Photos' category of DOL before. Glad I did those photos look pretty cool! Might have to post some pics on here when I go to Vietnam later in the year. 

I saw some family friends at Woolies the other day, and they are a South African family. The daughter is 15, and her parents have been divorced since she was little, so she lives here with her Mum. Her Dad moved back to South Africa a couple of years ago and she was saying that now she can't see him because she is too scared in South Africa. She said the houses are like maximum security prisons and that they have the big barbed wire fences, guard dogs and they even have a roll down gate at the bottom of the staircase that they lock every night before bed. (In case there is a break in, the intruders can't get upstairs to the bedrooms) And her grandfather was murdered in his own home last year! A pretty crazy place! Would still be interesting to visit, it looks like a great place, but the violence is pretty crazy! 

Edited by Scrappi&Monty