Cheapest price - dog transport Aussie to NZ

Staranais

Hi guys,

I'm after information about transporting dogs from Brisbane to NZ.

It's all a bit up in the air right now, but my malinois might need medical treatment involving us taking a trip to Aussie at some point this year.  I've sorted out the cheapest deal from NZ to Brissie I think (1.3k NZ not including vet checks or crate hire).  But the Brissie to NZ leg seems to be stupidly expensive, and it's hard to find information about exactly what is required.

I'm emailing lots of Aussie Pet Transport companies too, of course, but hopefully someone here will have some good info about how much it cost them to transport dogs on a similar route.  

Obviously I'm after the very cheapest deal possible, since the radiotherapy alone is scarily expensive. :(

Thanks.

PS - thanks for allowing this question in the Breeder's Forum, Troy!

Edited by Staranais
  • Like 1

Over the years I have found that it is nearly always more expensive to take a dog from Aus to NZ than coming the other way.  Don't ask me why.

I guess you know that they charge either the cubic volume of the crate or the total weight of the dog + crate (whichever is the most expensive!).  Can't win!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  Yes, I've been getting quotes from 2500 - 2900 aud for Brissie to Wellington.  Even if I do all the legwork myself (not use a transport company), I can't get it under 2000 aud yet.

I'll try Moorehome and Bay City, thanks.

Geez, these prices make me feel like I'm getting a steal.  I'm paying around $US10k for three Labbies from the East Coast of the USA to NZ . . . and that includes an overnight kenneling and various health checks and parasite treatments before the flight to NZ.