Has anyone read this?

Bushriver

Whoa!  It is expensive now.  I bought it years ago and I don't think I paid more than $20.

Note, the same book is published as Reaching for the Stars (a later edition with some added material).

It's a classic, and well worth a read.  Lots of interesting breed history from someone who spent many many years as a breeder and judge.

However, the science in the book is well out of date.

I haven't read this one . . . but I would assume it contains much of the same material and also gets good reviews . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0720702429/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1486980459&sr=1-1

Come to think of it, I think I saw a copy in the little library at Dogs West.  I'm sure some of the Lab Breeders in Perth have copies they would lend.

Thanks. I did order one anyway. I'm sure it will be an interesting read and a good addition to the bookshelf. I did wonder why it was so expensive though. Maybe not many copies anymore? The newer addition was cheaper so maybe it's a bit of a collectors item now. 

Hmmm?  I'm logged in and I can't seem to edit my last post.  Anyway . . . the uTube speech in the last post is a great sample of MRW's bias on judging the breed.  She has strong opinions that disagree with much of what you hear in the Labrador community today.  I appreciate both sides.  I love the breed's adaptability; but the cold water focus of the dogs MRW talks about is clear and pleasing....though not the least bit adapted to Australia.