Teething Troubles

Snoopy21

So Briar (mastiff pup) is now 5 months old and has almost all her adult teeth. The last ones left are her canines. Her new teeth are coming through on the inside of her puppy teeth, but her puppy teeth aren't even loose. One has snapped off at gum level but I can see roots still left in there. Do I need to do anything about it or will they fall out as the adult teeth come down? I don't want retained puppy teeth to damage her adult teeth. 

Can't advise on the teeth thing from experience, but my thoughts are if one has snapped I'd imagine that the adult tooth will still come through okay, but I'd probably see the vet to be sure.

And what a gorgeous girl you have!   :love:    She is beautiful, you must get stopped wherever you go!

• 2 weeks later...

So 10 days later and all of her puppy teeth have fallen out and her gums are looking great. I ended up pulling the last one yesterday. It was hanging on by a thread, so I just gave it a little tug and it popped right out. I'm thinking her new canines will shift outwards a little as they finish erupting and as her jaw continues growing. Thanks everyone for your reassurance. 

• Like 2