Dogs chewing bed

bballj

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has had luck with a tough bed that a dog cannot chew? My dog ha started chewing on her beds and pulling the green filling out (they are Kmart beds) we exercise her before we leave her and she has plenty of chew toys and kongs but this is just a fun thing for her. 

Has as anyone found a solution bed to this problem? Any brand that seems indestructible? 

Thanks in advance

On 18/02/2017 at 11:20 PM, persephone said:

When you leave her ..make sure toys are 'fresh' ..alternate toys every few days :) leave her with a treat dispenser ..and  for bedding , just a couple of op shop blankets :) 

All of this.

Trampoline style beds can take a good flogging too. & are fairly easy to repair during the pupoy stage! We have used them for years. Current boy isnt so into them. 

10 minutes ago, Scottsmum said:

All of this.

Trampoline style beds can take a good flogging too. & are fairly easy to repair during the pupoy stage! We have used them for years. Current boy isnt so into them. 

The other good thing about trampoline beds - they provide a 'crawl space/hideyhole' for pups to play under /in :)

i didn't buy decent beds till mine stopped trashing them! i used the hessian covered foam and came home many times to them all over the garden! yay for big goofy foster pups!

just dont get anything too expensive yet is all i would say.

Edited by juice

Mine have hammock beds with the Hound House canvas cover on them. We went from replacing the hessian bags every few weeks to having the same HH cover for over 18 months. Well worth the cost which I think from memory was $30 for the large one. Another thing that lasted for ages was old trampoline mat cut to size and attached (we used bolts) to the frame.