Any Tips for training Dingo X ?

sheena

I have a new agility beginners class going which is in its 5th week & all going well.  One of the dogs is 7/8 dingo, 1/8 kelpie.  She is a beautiful dog with a lovely nature, VERY high drive & she graduated from Beginners Obedience class.  She gets the zoomies & can sometimes be a little overenthusiastic.  I have lent the owner the RRR Dvd, to try & get her recall a bit more reliable.  Has anybody here had experience with teaching a dingo x agility & maybe might be able to give me a few hints that I can pass onto her handler? 

I fostered some Dingo X pups recently... four were 3/4 Dingo, and one almost full Dingo... and they are stubborn! None of them were food or toy oriented, so finding rewards they would work for wasn't much fun...

I basically found that if a Dingo doesn't want to do something, it simply won't... lol!

Here's hoping your owner's dog has more Kelpie traits...

T.

You could join instagram and talk to Kou's owner, Kou is a kelpie x dingo who does lots of tricks and adventures (good recall) so they may have some insight.

When Pigs Fly!: Training Success with Impossible Dogs by Jane Killion might be a good resource, someone in the states with pariah dogs has had success getting ideas from it...