Show us ya Puppies!

Scottsmum

58 minutes ago, Little Gifts said:

Hey Pers, I hope I didn't miss anything - is Trouble still around and doing ok?

yes..well, aside from the fact she doesn't get out of her pen anymore :(  I'm not fit enough to control her , and we have several white cedar trees which have been dropping berries everywhere for years ..it would end disastrously . 
poor girl - this wasn't how it was supposed to be ....

• Like 2

Strong animals which (with no malice) neither know nor care how fragile we are by comparison have been hospitalising people forever.  Two of my pet sheep were passed on to me (dumped) because the owners couldn't cope.  Bottle-raised with love by two little girls: all good til they weighed forty kilos and still did hopping onto shoulders or into laps.  Sometimes managing them when feeding or moving them to another field is like a small military campaign, they are woolly wrecking-balls.  They try me out more than do the horses or ponies for needing constant risk awareness, I can't even imagine how hard managing a pig would be for me to cope with.  My beloved cashmere goat is the same, amazing strong and couldn't give a toss if she closes a gate on my hand etc.

Alpacas stack up better and better in the easy management stakes, I think I appreciate them more every day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PossumCorner said:

Strong animals which (with no malice) neither know nor care how fragile we are by comparison have been hospitalising people forever.  Two of my pet sheep were passed on to me (dumped) because the owners couldn't cope.  Bottle-raised with love by two little girls: all good til they weighed forty kilos and still did hopping onto shoulders or into laps.  Sometimes managing them when feeding or moving them to another field is like a small military campaign, they are woolly wrecking-balls.  They try me out more than do the horses or ponies for needing constant risk awareness, I can't even imagine how hard managing a pig would be for me to cope with.  My beloved cashmere goat is the same, amazing strong and couldn't give a toss if she closes a gate on my hand etc.

Alpacas stack up better and better in the easy management stakes, I think I appreciate them more every day.

our sheep, Bruce is enormous .. and we got him after he injured several family members (as a youngster - and demolished the rose garden )  Luckily, now he's  into double figures he is keener to run & be by my side if the dogs annoy him than pound everyone into the ground ;) 

Alpacas sound good! :) 

With Trubs - for everyone's safety .. bars are essential . :( 

Bruce  Jan 2016-1 (Medium) (Small).jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Canisbellum said:

Yeah no, you can pry their collars from my cold dead hands :)

Promise, you're safe. I adore them, but you're safe.  He just knows me too well.  The longest I've ever gone without a dog in my home is 6 months....  

• Like 2