Pekingese

Jed

Image may contain: dog

I found this photo of a female pet pedigree Pekingese.  Thought other dog lovers might like to see what a peke not in full Crufts or Westminster mode looks like.

• Like 4

Loved the video.

Pekes are really delightful.   I feel so sorry about AR giving them hell, when they are made  to their own standard - which is for a lap/house dog, and they usually live well into their teens without any big health problems. The one in the photo is a pet, but so beautiful.

I have never owned one, but they are on my bucket list.  I knew one very well as a teenager. She was a parti, and one of the most delightful, intelligent and likeable dogs I have ever met.
It is a shame that hardly anyone breeds them any longer.
I have fb friends on Asia, who have the most gorgeous one.
Of course, there would need to be photos when you buy one.:worship:

we had a Peke when I was a kid, Pixie.  She was a great little dog, she was a pedigree but looked nothing like the show ones of today, her coat was different, not as thick, it was long but not that fairy floss coat that I see in the ring.  She did snuffle and snort a bit but her face wasn't as exaggerated and her legs were a bit longer.  She was such a fun loving little dog, I've always had a soft spot for them because of her. 

• Like 1