Ziwipeak - Some big changes.

Including changing the formula to include 3% more protein & salt.

Removal of the venison & fish line

Addition of mackral & lamb

No more 5kg bags

Name change  (to Ziwi pets)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155256156754905&substory_index=0&id=178362849904

Coming *soon* to Aussie shops.

Might pay to pop out & stock up on old sizes or formula if you're worried about formula or size change.

Update:

Canned food changing too.

Check out our improvements to our dog and cat canned recipes below!

**If you have questions, we have included information on how to submit them at the end of this post. 

- Meat has replaced broth as the #1 ingredient by weight.
- Dog canned recipes now have a higher meat content at 92% Meat/Fish, Organs, Bone & New Zealand Green Mussel (on a dry matter basis).
- Cat canned recipes now have a higher meat content at 93% Meat/Fish, Organs, Bone & New Zealand Green Mussel (on a dry matter basis). 
- A higher meat content means we are able to reduce the supplemental vitamins & minerals – but it is still a complete and balanced diet.
- Removal of Agar Agar, TSPP, and Carrageenan from all recipes.
- Our cans will continue to never include BPA.

Addition of chickpea as a natural binder for the high meat content ingredients.
-What can you expect with this?
-Food may be slightly lighter in colour.
-There will be less congealed broth on the surface.
-Cans may contain a small amount of liquid broth.

New can weights:
-6 oz/ 170gm can will be replaced with 6.5 oz/ 185gm can.
-13 oz/ 370gm can will be replaced with a 13.75 oz/ 390gm can.
-3 oz/ 85gm can will remain the same.

Your pets can expect to still enjoy the same great palatability & taste. The recipe modifications are minor; therefore, there is no need to slowly transition from old to new and improved recipes.

**QUESTIONS? Please click the following link to go to our Contact Us page to submit your question: http://bit.ly/2lCXM8u

Edited by Scottsmum

It's interesting how they had to add salt to meet AAFCO guidelines.

I was wary of added salt in dog foods as it seems at best unnecessary, at worst harmful, and like they're trying to increase the palatability of a poor quality food.

I guess that's not always the case.

2 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

It's interesting how they had to add salt to meet AAFCO guidelines.

I was wary of added salt in dog foods as it seems at best unnecessary, at worst harmful, and like they're trying to increase the palatability of a poor quality food.

I guess that's not always the case.

Don't really know, but you're right - I usually try to avoid it / get lower in salt if possible. (after all  the other considerations)

It'll only be marked down if it is close to its best before date - there's enough people that would feed it at full price that there's no 'need' to discount it.

Max loves the venison and fish - we've often used it for training treats. Hopefully he likes the new flavour as much as it's hard to get him to work for food.

Has anyone used the K9 Naturals from petbarn? It seems quite similar/a dupe of ziwipeak but I haven't tried it...

I gave Malcolm some K9 Natural canned food for his Gotcha Day. Mixed with veg so it didn't upset his tummy as the fat content is higher than what he's used to. :)

He thought it was very yummy. I thought his breath and farts were from the BOWELS OF HELL. :eek:

Have not tried the rehydratable stuff...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mackiemad said:

Has anyone used the K9 Naturals from petbarn? It seems quite similar/a dupe of ziwipeak but I haven't tried it...

I use the freeze dried Feline Natural for my cat. Great stuff! If it was cheaper I'd include some in my dog's meals too!

Oh mackimad it was so, so gross! Like something dead was rotting inside him! :eek:

It could have just been his reaction to the canned food though. He was also a little jet proppelled on Black Hawk and Meals for Mutts! :laugh:

Oh poor Mal, laughing at his expense...

PS the freeze dried stuff is probably better anyway.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Interesting PK - max eats either the black hawk or the meals for mutts (as well as barf) and is never gassy. I might give the dried stuff a go next time I'm feeling flush with cash. Man's reaction sounds so so gross though PK! Nothing more gross than dog fart that smells as though it's been fermenting inside them for months!

Thanks mad dog dodge! I tend to feed a lot of raw to my cats so its worth giving that a go too :)

I tried the freeze dried stuff ages ago (when we first had Scottie - he hated it.) but we got some on sale the other day (the small bag, the topper I think they call it) and he seems happy enough to eat it - just a sprinkle (1/4 cup max) with some of his other food. 

No comment on his fart levels - not bad enough to notice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mackiemad said:

Thanks mad dog dodge! I tend to feed a lot of raw to my cats so its worth giving that a go too :)

Absolutely! My cat has eaten kibble his whole life (Yes I realise that's bad now... didn't know that until his bladder blocked up 18 months ago). He'll eat raw beef muscle meat but won't have a bar of any offal (he literally gags at the smell of offal) so I've found Feline Natural an awesome substitute, I add plenty of water to it and he loves it and seems to be doing very well on it :) 

• Like 1

Canned food is changing too. 

**If you have questions, we have included information on how to submit them at the end of this post. 

- Meat has replaced broth as the #1 ingredient by weight.
- Dog canned recipes now have a higher meat content at 92% Meat/Fish, Organs, Bone & New Zealand Green Mussel (on a dry matter basis).
- Cat canned recipes now have a higher meat content at 93% Meat/Fish, Organs, Bone & New Zealand Green Mussel (on a dry matter basis). 
- A higher meat content means we are able to reduce the supplemental vitamins & minerals – but it is still a complete and balanced diet.
- Removal of Agar Agar, TSPP, and Carrageenan from all recipes.
- Our cans will continue to never include BPA.

Addition of chickpea as a natural binder for the high meat content ingredients.
-What can you expect with this?
-Food may be slightly lighter in colour.
-There will be less congealed broth on the surface.
-Cans may contain a small amount of liquid broth.

New can weights:
-6 oz/ 170gm can will be replaced with 6.5 oz/ 185gm can.
-13 oz/ 370gm can will be replaced with a 13.75 oz/ 390gm can.
-3 oz/ 85gm can will remain the same.

Your pets can expect to still enjoy the same great palatability & taste. The recipe modifications are minor; therefore, there is no need to slowly transition from old to new and improved recipes.

**QUESTIONS? Please click the following link to go to our Contact Us page to submit your question: http://bit.ly/2lCXM8u

• 2 weeks later...

We have tried samples of the K9 naturals freeze dried stuff. Pretty good, it was only 2 tiny packets from the Dog Lovers show so I used one as treats (they loved it & was easy to break up) and the other I dissolved in water & put on their normal food (I think that's what you're supposed to do?)

I haven't tried Ziwi though as it's pretty expensive :-/