Sliced paw pad

aussiepom21

I've just got home and my eldest dog has a cut to his pad. I can't find anything sharp outside and it's not bleeding. I called the vet and they advised me not to wash it and put a sock over the wound then take him there.  Surely I can just dress it myself. All the research I have done says I could. Would love some advice or someone who's been in a similar position  

Our working (sheep) dogs cut themselves a lot! If it's not bleeding , and the dog isn't paying it much attention , provided all else is equal .. I just bathe it a couple of times a day with some Silver Colloid  liquid (health food shop) .. and distract dog with food/cuddles after bathing for 10 or so minutes to let it work :)

19 hours ago, aussiepom21 said:

I've just got home and my eldest dog has a cut to his pad. I can't find anything sharp outside and it's not bleeding. I called the vet and they advised me not to wash it and put a sock over the wound then take him there.  Surely I can just dress it myself. All the research I have done says I could. Would love some advice or someone who's been in a similar position  

Thank you I've bathed it and he's resting in the aircon. And he's loving the pampering 

• Like 1

Thistle cut 1/3 of her paw pad off on friday's walk. idk what on, i cleaned it, put her in her crate until it scabbed over and gave her some baytril and she's been on strict bedrest. She does not like not being allowed to go fast, no walks just brain games.

It has scabbed over quite nicely. I think some grass jabbed it last night so she made a fuss over that for a minute but was walking on it again soon. She's a slow healer though.

Her c5 is due tomorrow so I'll mention it in the check up, but don't expect much.

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Like 1